18 days ago
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our four guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
We're looking for an Environment Artist to join our team of content creators, shaping in-games worlds for the future. As an Environment Artist, you will help us take the visual quality of our games to the next level. On a daily basis you will report to the Lead Artist and Project Manager in your team, meeting to review work and discuss progress about project deliveries. We are looking for an accomplished professional with a positive drive.
- You will create worlds, maps and large-scale environments.
- Seek feedback on your work and give feedback to other artists in your team.
- Collaborate with our external partners, write briefs and provide feedback.
- Promote and enforce structure, such as naming conventions and documentation.
- Help develop future tools. Engage with the level designers, lighters and other disciplines. share knowledge and best practices.
- Check and optimize the performance aspects of your work.
- Ensure that the environments you build are up to standards in terms of quality and performance.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- You have great artistic abilities and an excellent eye for interpreting reference and concept art.
- You understand how environments work in real-life and have an expert grasp of technical aspects.
- You are proficient in current generation industry-standard tools and workflows, such as Maya and Substance.
- You have experience creating assets and environments using photogrammetry in real-time game engines, such as Frostbite or Unreal.
- You put passion into everything you do, with excellent skills in communication and team collaboration.
- An active contributor to the craft, promoting a transparent and learning culture within the team.