This job might no longer be available.
Senior Environment Artist
6 months ago
Daybreak Games is building teams as diverse as our ideas.
- Reinvent Memorable locations from world class, iconic IP
- Craft a Wide Variety of detailed locations and POIs
- Define a modern pipeline for repurposing assets
- Collaborate with Art Director, Tech artist and game design
Leader In Craft
- Modern Tools/Techniques: Comfortable in a variety of tools such as Maya, Z-Brush, Photoshop, etc. Insight for when to use which for tool for the right effect.
- Composition: skilled at leading the players eye, utilizing visual hierarchies and strong instinct on where to let the player's eye rest to create a compelling level layout.
- Architecture: Knowledgeable in a wide variety of architectural styles (Vernacular, Romanesque, Googie etc.).
- Engine: Well versed in industry standard game engines.
- Real-time Performance: skilled at making environments performant.
- Craft standards: Establish and maintain team standards and practices.
- End result: Must be able to pull all the above into a compelling end result that enhances game for players in an immersive experience.
- Empathy: Anything is possible and nothing is rejected out of hand. We strive to see others points of view, in both colleagues and our players.
- Ownership: We treat game features as our own from start to finish. Which means taking the initiative to find both problems and solutions.
- Humility: We're looking for people who want to work with the smartest people they can. We look for ways to elevate one another and actively seek feedback to find the best possible course of action.
- Honesty: We value diverse opinions. We are transparent, candid and caring, always. We are excited to see where the next great idea will come from.