This job might no longer be available.
Environment Artist (Temporary) - BioWare
22 days ago
BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is currently working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry won 150+ Game of the Year awards
The Environment Artist will report to the Environment Art Supervisor
This is a 6-month temporary role
- Iterate on level layouts throughout all phases of production
- Collaborate with other disciplines to understand and interpret the game's requirements within the technical parameters of the platforms
- Collaborate with technical artists and engineers in the development and streamlining of tools and processes .
- Exhibit good artistic skill adapt to different artistic styles
- Work autonomously on set tasks from the schedule
- At least 3 years of experience in the industry
- A high level of knowledge of the game development process.
- Expert at 3D modeling (organic and hard surface)
- Ability to model and create textures, and materials for modular environments and props
- Strong skills in Maya, ZBrush, Substance Designer, and Photoshop
- Experience world-building with commercial game engines
- Solid understanding of PBR
- A keen eye for spatial composition, lighting and building believable scenes.
- Excellent ability to create textures and work with complex shaders
- Experience with photogrammetry or with world-building tools such as World Machine is a plus
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $89,200 - $141,800 USD Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to temporary full-time employees scheduled to work full time.