Environment Artist - Sledgehammer Games Guildford (UK)
4 days ago
Job Title:Environment Artist - Sledgehammer Games Guildford (UK)
Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of multiple titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join our studio as founding members of our new UK team, based just south of London in Guildford. This group will partner equally with our teams in Foster City, Melbourne, and Toronto in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
At Sledgehammer Games, we recently entered our second decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a Mid-level Environment Artist, you will build and texture awe inspiring environments. If you have a passion for creating game art, please apply online.
Note: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Please include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating.
Sledgehammer Games has a state-of-the-art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Creates believable, photo-realistic 3D models and textures from concept art and photo reference.
· Assembles, edits, and optimizes highly detailed 3D environments.
· Work within budgets while hitting key timelines.
· Troubleshoots technical and artistic issues.
· Communicates effectively with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals are met.
· 2+ years of experience creating high-quality 3D art assets and levels for AAA games.
· Ability to execute highly detailed, photo realistic environments.
· Ability to receive, give, and apply feedback effectively while maintaining a positive attitude.
· Understanding of lighting, color and scene composition.
· Understanding of physically based shaders.
· Proficient in next-gen asset creation.
· Experience with a level editor (i.e. Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, Radiant, etc.)
· Highly proficient in Maya or 3ds Max, Photoshop and Substance Painter.
· Self-driven, dedicated to advancing your craft, and eager to learn new techniques and software.
· Passionate about games; take pride in everything you do and have a positive attitude.
· Foundation in traditional art with ability of concepting ideas.
· Proficient in Substance Designer
· Proficient in Zbrush
· Exceptional visual and technical understanding of 3D modeling and texturing.
· Architecture, photography, photogrammetry or cinematography experience.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.