This job might no longer be available.
Enterprise Data Architect
2 months ago
Scientific Games, Social is a global leader focused in providing an ever-expanding portfolio of robust iGaming and Social Casino solutions to the global gaming industry. To put it simply - we make Mobile and Facebook games that are fun to play, fun to make, and we're growing like crazy! Scientific Games global reach is made possible by the expertise of our rock star teams and game makers. Want to be part of a fast-paced company that lands in the Top 1% of Social Casino games? See more details below!
SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
SciPlay currently offers nine core games, including social casino games Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino Slots, Hot Shot Casino and Quick Hit Slots, and casual games MONOPOLY Slots, Bingo Showdown, 88 Fortunes Slots, Backgammon Live, Solitaire Pet Adventure with offices all over the world!
Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until further notice. We will continue to work remotely until the company determines it is safe to return as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official state and local entities. We value the safety of our communities and employees and look forward to joining each other again as we re-open our offices when it is safe to do so and all appropriate safety measures are in place.
The Enterprise Data Architect at Sciplay plays a transformational role in balancing the Strategic Enterprise objectives with operational constraints. This role is responsible for designing, maintaining and communicating scalable data solutions that enable the delivery of high-quality modern products and services. The Enterprise Cloud / Data Architect will influence and direct different teams to implement and deploy enterprise data models.
- Assess current state business processes and supporting technical architecture, while gathering and defining solution requirements.
- Collaborate with internal customers teams to implement processes, procedures, and technology that support newly engineered cloud data functions.
- Design, develop, and architect ETL frameworks and solutions for modern cloud platforms – AWS, Azure, etc.
- Design data flow and processing pipelines for ingestion and analysis using contemporary tools.
- Lead teams in completing enterprise-scale cloud data and migration projects from a back end/data perspective.
- Organize work into presentations, outlining findings and recommendations for C-level executives.
- Contribute to the organization by developing and improving reusable methodologies and data/cloud solutions for operational efficiencies
- Take ownership of technical solutions from design and architecture perspectives
- Review the architectural/ technological solutions for ongoing projects and ensure right choice of solution and adherence to architecture strategy.
- Work with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, and Software Engineers to develop efficient, flexible data models across source systems, operational data stores, and analytics data stores.
- Provide architectural direction to various teams and work streams, balancing the strategic approach within the agile framework
- Ensure data management processes align with Enterprise data models
- Work with business stakeholders to support the definition and implementation of necessary governance, change management, data stewardship and quality controls
- Reports directly to the V.P of Global Data
- 6+ years of experience in technology; 4+ years of experience in a technical architect capacity working with cloud and data technologies.
- Strong preference for candidates with internal customer facing experience – technology solutions or management consulting.
- Must have proven experience leading data/cloud migration projects in either AWS or Azure environments.
- Comfortable scripting for automation using Python, PowerShell, Spark in Scala, etc.
- Proficient in cloud data warehousing platforms like Snowflake.
- Proficient with a variety of AWS (CloudForm Templates, EC2, S3) and Azure (Data Factory, Data Bricks) applications.
- Experience installing and configuring databases using automation tools like Ansible.
- Advanced SQL skills for use in trouble shooting data performance and quality issues.
- Expert knowledge of standard methodologies, concepts, best practices, and procedures that align to a cloud-based data environment.
- Complete understanding of visualization and full data layer architecture.
- Bonus experience: CI/CD, AWS Redshift, S3, JSON, NoSQL, Big Data, and AWS stack.
- Clear and effective communication of complex ideas and analysis
- Ability to work with little direction, self-directed
- Active learner, motivated to learn without guidance
- Solutions oriented attitude of customer service
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Leadership by influence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication
We are SciPlay! We make games!
The roots of our company are simple and strong: our founders fell head over heels for casino games and had a vision to create the most entertaining free-to-play casino games for gamers around the world. We’ve grown into a company that makes games we are truly proud of and that are enjoyed by millions of players every day. Our history is extensive, but we’re just getting started. In 1998, we got our start as Phantom EFX and in 2019, we reintroduced ourselves as SciPlay and went public on the Nasdaq.
At SciPlay, we are programmed to think untraditionally. From our yearly development conferences, shindigs, and new game launches, we believe in doing what you love and doing it well. We take great pride in our ability to create authentic experiences for players and we are excited to continue investing in our workforce, technology, and our data-driven approach, all with the mission of delighting our players long into the future. We believe that if we continue to stay passionate, set ambitious goals, live our values and play together, we will become the #1 social casino and casual gaming company in the world.
A few of our highlighted perks and benefits:
Competitive salaries and annual bonuses alongside matching 401k and other competitive benefits.
- Strong commitment to work life balance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Fully stocked gameroom featuring current generation consoles and titles, shuffle board tables, foosball tables, and arcade cabinets (including our prized 5v5 cabinet ultra-rare copy of Killer Queen!)
- Brand new, shiny, and aesthetically pleasing 10,000 sq ft office located in the Arboretum area in Austin
SciPlay Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, SciPlay) are committed to creating a workforce of credibility and dependability. As a prerequisite to employment with SciPlay (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SciPlay conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SciPlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.