21 days ago
Pragma is supporting healthy and vibrant online communities by creating a backend game engine— a platform of services and tools that enable game studios to launch live-service games.
You'll be joining a passionate, remote-first team (PT time zone) comprised of people that have scaled games such as League of Legends and Destiny 2 and many more games while at Riot, Bungie, PopCap, and EA. Team members have also scaled platforms at traditional tech companies including Google, Amazon, Microsoft, SendGrid and Tableau. We are grateful to have partnered with top-tier investors including Greylock, Upfront Ventures and Insight Partners
Description of Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to join our product organization to create and nurture an empowered product team. Teams at Pragma lead the charge on unlocking game studios by defining online capabilities and shaping game system tools.
Engineering managers at Pragma lead by working closely with product managers and technical leaders to guide the team toward delivering customer value in support of team objectives. They are responsible for the professional growth of team members and hiring new members onto the team.
Experience building and maintaining product teams
A team-oriented mindset that prioritizes team effectiveness over individual efficiency.
- Desire to continuously collaborate using voice or video channels in a remote-first environment.
Experience with constructing distributed systems that scale.
- Experience driving change across teams.
- Experience with automated testing, including unit, integration, and load tests.
- A remote-first work environment with semi-annual in-person meetups
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision coverage for primary policyholders; 80% employer-paid coverage for eligible dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Flexible vacation
- Work side-by-side with game studios, including participating in internal playtesting and helping launch games!
- Paid parental and family care leaves
- Long-term and short-term disability
Pragma is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.