This job might no longer be available.
Engineering Manager, Central Platform
1 month ago
Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we'll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you're passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role
As an Engineering Manager at Fortis, you’ll guide and lead a multi disciplinary team to deliver software at the heart of our central platform team. You’ll work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, QA to design, implement, and deploy the large-scale, highly-available services at the heart of our central platform team.
What you’ll achieve
- Team Management: The Engineering Manager primarily focuses on managing the members of the engineering team. This includes hiring, onboarding, career development, and performance reviews. They are responsible for creating a positive and productive work environment.
- Resource Allocation: They allocate team members to different projects or tasks based on their skills and availability. They ensure that the team has the necessary resources and support to meet its objectives.
- Stakeholder Communication: Engineering Managers often act as liaisons between the development team and upper management or non-technical stakeholders. They help communicate project status, risks, and technical challenges to ensure alignment with the organization's goals.
- Process Improvement: They work on improving the team's development processes, ensuring that Agile principles are followed, and addressing any impediments that hinder the team's productivity.
- Team Health: Engineering Managers handle conflicts and disagreements within the team, promoting a healthy and collaborative work environment.
What you’ll need to be successful
- Proven experience in a leadership role within an engineering team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a high performance team.
- Experience with development in Agile environments.
- Prior experience developing scalable and highly available server software for a customer-facing production environment.
- Extensive familiarity with non-relational database systems, particularly MongoDB and Redis.
- General familiarity with developing code hosted in containers and designing for a microservices architecture.
- General familiarity with deploying software to the public cloud (i.e., AWS) and IaS tools such as AWS CDK or Terraform.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
*PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH*
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
- We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.