Engineering Manager, MLE
4 days ago
Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach a global audience of over 700 million monthly active users and process over 2.7 trillion monthly advertising auctions. The Chartboost SDK is one the most widely integrated mobile ad SDKs and through the Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, DSP and other services, we empower mobile app developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
We’re looking for an experienced manager to lead our Machine Learning Engineering (MLE) team and drive the development of our model training infrastructure for powering our real-time bidder, one of the most exciting and important products within Chartboost. This role is critical in our goal of empowering our data science team to train hundreds of deep learning models daily, which includes ranking algorithms, pricing models, and pacing mechanisms. The model serving infrastructure needs to support ad-tech scale, responding to over 1 million requests per second.
Impact you will make:
- Develop reliable ML pipelines that empower our data science team to train, deploy, and serve hundreds of deep learning models daily
- Build tools to monitor, debug, analyze, and operate our ML infrastructure
- Mentor ML engineers and exemplify a working style of best development practices
- Collaborate closely with the data science and platform engineering teams to build new capabilities for our ML infrastructure
- Evaluate new technologies for adoption, and organize smooth migrations
Who you are:
- BS degree in Statistics, Math, Machine Learning or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience managing ML engineers
- Diverse exposure to many different machine learning and modeling techniques such as NLP or deep networks as well as traditional modeling techniques
- Experience building production pipelines in Python for ML workflows
- Distributed-computing experience with Spark or Kubernetes
- Experience building workflows with Airflow or Kubeflow
- Knowledge of DevOps/CI tools (Travis, Jenkins, etc.)
The following experience would be a plus:
- Hands-on with deep learning in production pipelines
- Ad tech and/or mobile games space.
- Competitive salary with bonuses
- Flexible schedule based on core hours and the possibility of working remotely.
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance
- Optical complement for glasses or contact lenses.
- Company sponsored lunch
- English/Spanish lessons and/or other investments in your professional development
- Gym membership
- Transportation reimbursement
- Healthy snacks, and coffee in our cool office in the center of Barcelona
- 23 days of paid time off per year
- 15 paid holidays per year
- Team building events
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.