SRE Manager - Distributed Database Infrastructure
1 month ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work® . We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As an Engineering Manager for our database platform team, you will have an immediate impact on the core systems powering the experiences of our 165M+ monthly active users. You will have primary responsibility of managing the database engineers. If you enjoy working on cutting-edge software alongside highly-skilled and passionate engineers, you will be right at home on our rapidly-growing database platform team.
- A leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills and leading a team of database engineers through all phases of database implementation
- Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions across large scale globally distributed database systems
- An expert in SQL/NoSQL sharded database technologies ( MySQL , PostGres, Cassandra, MSSQL, CockroachDB and other key-value stores)
- Have a good working experience in driving automation, self provisioning OLTP environments
- Minimum 5 years of managerial experience managing technical teams.
- Enthusiastic about learning new database technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through.
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution.
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features.
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers.
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive improvement.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community