Engineering Manager (Core Integration), Defence
9 days ago
The Core Integration team works to reduce friction between SKYRAL’s components. It does first pass integration to provide a framework for future projects, as well as extending the functionality that can be provided. The immediate work is in the Unreal Engine and VBS (Virtual Battlefield Solutions) space, but future work will see an ever-widening range of components that can be utilised .
We do this with a range of solutions - modifying existing code, building plug-ins, or standalone tools. We pay attention to how our customers are utilising these components to learn from this and evolve our capabilities. We very much value the success of our customers, and your mission is dedicated towards making them thrive!.
Areas for Impact
- You will help build and manage an engineering team of roughly 5-8 engineers (with the future potential for additional growth and potential subdivision).
- You mentor and grow your engineers both technically and careerwise.
- You will facilitate good engineering practices to create a mature and predictable cycle of high quality delivery.
- You will prioritise and direct tasking to maximise the strategic impact of the work being done.
- You will utilise your understanding of engine integration to guide your team to effective solutions that are easy to use for customers but provide significant flexibility.
- You will use your strong communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external teams.
- Your troubleshooting and debugging skills will allow you to unravel complicated customer problems and negotiate dependencies.
- You will collaborate with other EMs and Senior SWEs/Principals to determine the strategic direction and long-term viability of your software architecture, raising and tracking dependencies both from a business and technology standpoint.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You have a proven track record of building high functioning teams, recognising that you are an enabler for others to be successful.
- You come from a deep engineering background, with many years of hands-on coding to understand the potentials and challenges of the tasks ahead. This is not a hands-on coding role, but this experience will give you the insight to steer good decision-making.
- You’ve spent significant time working with Unreal Engine or VBS3/4. It is unlikely for a single candidate to have worked with both.
- You have an understanding of network communication and how various architectures approach the complexities therein.
- You are comfortable making estimates, refining them, and providing good communication about the challenges and successes of your team as it proceeds
- You’re considerate, humble, and a strong believer in teamwork.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.