This job might no longer be available.
2 months ago
Epic Games is seeking strong Engine Programmers passionate about writing world-class, AAA game engine and editor features for Fortnite Creators. Epic Games is bringing the entire toolset of Unreal Engine and the Unreal Editor for developers and creators to make and publish rich experiences within Fortnite. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated and able to design and implement new engine runtime features, APIs, and supporting tools as required. You should have a broad knowledge of modern game engine technology, as well as a good sense of trade-offs between performance, memory usage, and ease-of-implementation. Additionally, you should have experience working closely with developers in all disciplines, not just other engineers. Your job will be to empower them to make world-class experiences using the systems that you create.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Designing and implementing runtime and editor level engine features for Unreal Engine 4
- Working closely with artists, animators, and designers to design and develop engine systems and how they translate to making Fortnite content
- Optimizing both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems
- Analyzing and fixing common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Excellent C++ skills, with a familiarity of scripting systems like Blueprint, Lua, Python, etc.
- Experience in a broad range of engineering areas on shipping games or realtime visualization systems, with special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization
- Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
- Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment, with excellent cross-discipline communication skills. You should be able to communicate and explain trade-offs with non-engineers!
- Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
- Familiarity with development tools and profiling on modern systems, including PC, console, and mobile
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and power
- Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.