7 days ago
Insomniac Games is looking for an Engine Programmer to join our Core team and focus on our content-creation tools, from integration with Maya, MotionBuilder, and Houdini, to building internal equivalents. If you have interest in working with exporters, importers, object formats, custom plugins, and art pipelines, you're a great fit for this role.
Insomniac's Core team is responsible for our industry-leading technical foundation for triple-A game development. We develop tools and technology to build and power titles like Marvel's Spider-Man , Stormland , and Ratchet & Clank . As a principle, we strive to be open and generous in sharing our advancements with the game development community through conference presentations, public posting, and self-run conferences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Demonstrate excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal
- Develop new pipeline technology for the production of current and future games
- Implement efficient exporters and tools to support production teams
- Maintain and support our existing pipeline technology while in use by production teams
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
- Work with your lead to identify technical risks and generate solutions
- Work with senior teammates to complete assigned projects
- Work with senior teammates to develop further skills and expertise
- Keep current with the technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Analyze code for performance and optimization opportunities
- Document functionality and implementation details for production and other engineers
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or more than 5 years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Thorough knowledge of game production tools and pipelines
- Thorough knowledge of C++, and experience with C and assembly programming
- Strong grasp of mathematical concepts and analysis techniques as they apply to game engine programming
If this is an opportunity that you would like to pursue, please use the link above and apply. Along with your resume, please include a cover letter or other brief description of why you’re interested in the position. Thank you!