Engine Programmer (Lead)
8 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Epic is on a path to achieve its vision of building the Metaverse and the 3Lateral team will play an important role on that journey. We are responsible for bringing life to that vision by introducing digital humans. As a very first step on that path, we have just launched our Metahuman Creator service for the creation of digital humans. Now that we have Metahumans, we will need to build the whole ecosystem around them for animation, rigging, customization, stylization, AI and everything else that is required for Metahumans to feel at home in the Metaverse. Work with the world's leading experts in shaping the future of gaming, multimedia and entertainment.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is seeking a Lead Engine Programmer passionate about writing awesome code. You should have a broad knowledge of modern game engine technology, including a good sense of trade-offs between performance, memory usage, and ease of implementation. Beside that, we are looking for a team lead, someone who is capable of leading the team of enthusiastic engineers, understands team dynamics and is capable of translating high level goals into tasks and timelines.
We are looking for creative problem solvers who can move as fast as the ever-changing industry that we are part of. In this position, you'll be working not just with other programmers, but also with cross-functional groups across the organization including Creative, Product Management, User Experience and more. We are looking for individuals who are innovative, organized and have exceptional communication skills.
In this role, you will
- Lead a team of experienced engine and tooling programmers - understanding strengths and opportunities of a team.
- Own technical design and drive implementation of robust and scalable solutions.
- Work closely together with a wide spectrum of local and global cross-disciplinary teams.
- Design and develop new engine technologies for the MetaHuman ecosystem.
What we’re looking for
- Experience as engineering team leader.
- Excellent C++ skills, with a familiarity of scripting systems like Blueprint, Python etc
- Knowledge of computer graphics in general, with at least 7 years of programming experience including UE4 and blueprints.
- University degree in Computer Science.
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
- Experience working with artists and cross-department / discipline teams
- Experience working with rigs, shaders, animation and similar
Remaining skills needed
- Passionate, goal-oriented and proactive character
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in the technology, gaming and multimedia industry in general
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees (EEs) and dependents (deps). We offer coverage for private medical insurance (inc. dental/vision), supplemental life, supplemental accident, disability, meal allowance, snacks, fruits and coffee as well as movie tickets and wedding/baby gifts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Being a part of 3Lateral team
Our mission is to evolve through exploring abstract landscapes of art and science, exciting new technologies and, most importantly, through nurturing continuous multi-disciplinary communication and company values among our team members. Our talented and devoted individuals are all gathered around the same vision of creating and constantly improving technology that allows creation of high-fidelity replicas of human appearance and motion with special focus on real time and usable across all digital mediums.
In order to ensure a supportive and collaborative environment we:
- Enable professional long-term career development through continuous education and specialization
- Work with exciting new technologies and ambitious, industry changing, projects
- Attendance at the leading seminars and conferences from the industry
- Sustain personal goals through family-oriented work regulations
- Empower autonomy of thinking and acting
- Pleasant working atmosphere in our cozy offices with friendly and well-minded individuals
- Work from home model during pandemic
We are looking for new team members who can inspire us and are willing to give us a chance to inspire them, contribute to their ideas, skills and knowledge. With joint forces with our mother company Epic Games we are continually developing the state of the art in Unreal Engine as a leading team for creation of next generation virtual humans and creatures.