Game Economy Designer
14 days ago
Kwalee é uma das principais publicadoras e desenvolvedoras de jogos multiplataforma do mundo, com mais de 750 milhões de downloads mundialmente em sucessos do telemóvel como Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let's Be Cops 3D, Airport Security e Makeover Studio 3D. Além disso, também temos uma incrível e crescente equipe de PC e consolas que está em busca de novos e grandes títulos para se juntar a TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade e Scathe.
Nós temos uma talentosa equipe colaborando diariamente entre nossos estúdios em Leamington Spa, Bangalore e Pequim, ou remotamente da Turquia, Brasil, Filipinas e muitas outras regiões, sendo que recentemente adquirimos nosso primeiro estúdio externo, TicTales, sediado na França. Temos uma equipe realmente global criando jogos de audiência mundial. E vale a pena: Kwalee foi reconhecida com os prêmios de Best Large Studio e Best Leadership da TIGA (The Independent Game Developers’ Association) e nossos jogos foram baixados em todos os países do mundo!
Fundada em 2011 por David Darling CBE, um arquiteto-chave na indústria de jogos do Reino Unido que co-fundou e liderou a Codemasters por muitos anos, nossa equipe também inclui lendas como Andrew Graham (criador da série Micro Machines) e Jason Falcus (programador de clássicos, incluindo NBA Jam) ao lado de uma crescente e diversificada equipe de especialistas em jogos globais. Todo mundo contribui criativamente para o sucesso da Kwalee, todos os funcionários qualificados podem apresentar suas próprias ideias de jogos nas Quartas Criativas, e estamos orgulhosos de ter construído nosso sucesso com base nesse princípio inclusivo. Poderia a tua ideia ser a próxima sensação global?
Esta função estará sediada no nosso novo escritório em Almada, pertinho de Lisboa.
What’s the job?
As an Game Economy Designer you will be responsible for finding the optimal balance in our games of them being Free to Play but Beneficial to Spend, helping to make sure our game economy is healthy and doesn’t get out of hand over time.
What you tell your friends you do
“I take the great ingredients from the game team and season them to perfection to make everything extra tasty”
What you will really be doing
- Working closely with designers and the analytics team to develop the right inputs, and measurements for evaluating a games economic patterns.
- Creating models for various interpretations of the game economy and forecasting player behaviours to find the right global maxima approach.
- Collaborate with the Art Leads to find the right information hierarchy and UI conventions to get information across to the user in a tone and style appropriate to each game.
- Working with the analytics department to understand the results of your work and the impact it has on player behaviour.
- From paper to playable you will be able to visualise the desired UX, both in UX tools or in Unity.
- Providing feedback based on your expertise on a wide range of games.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it.
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 150 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- A minimum of 3 years experience in an economy design or balancing role within gaming.
- Can create models in industry standard tools to model player behaviours and the resultant economy impacts of those.
- Can devise the parameters and measurements for effective AB testing of game economy variations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work creatively in a demanding team environment.
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games, especially mobile games.
- Strong creative ideas and imagination, able to entertain players with challenges, humour, surprises and fun.
- Positive attitude, self driven and able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Economics Degree or similar academic background
- Coding / prototyping skills to be able to create a simulation of the game economy.
- Experience of mobile game live ops, A/B testing and telemetry.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.