This job might no longer be available.
1 month ago
Bungie is seeking a highly technical, creative, and team-oriented Economy Designer to design our reward and economy experiences in Destiny. You'll be responsible for helping design reward types, vendor experiences, progressions, and more. If balancing a live game economy sounds exciting, we want to hear from you!
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Maintain and improve Destiny economy balance and experience around currencies, gear, and upgrade materials.
- Design and implement modular features that can be used throughout Destiny to improve retention, acquisition, and monetization in ways that respect our players
- Build, model, and tweak the in-game economy using multiple currencies, progression systems, sinks, and faucets
- Update and Maintain Itemization of Destiny’s Reward Taxonomy
- Experience as an economic or progression systems designer with at least one shipped product under your belt (or other relevant experience)
- Experience designing, documenting, and executing itemization, investment, or any other fundamental RPG game system at any scale
- Ability to model your in-game economy in a software package of your choice
- Ability to effectively communicate across disciplines
- Interest in playtesting, getting feedback, and giving feedback
- Experience working on games as a service/live content
- Degree in Economics, Finance, or Statistics
- Technical experience writing text-based scripts to manage game systems (scripting in a Lua, Python, or similar language)