This job might no longer be available.
12 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Documentation Manager to lead the team that writes and publishes technical learning materials for Unreal Engine, our industry-leading game development platform.
Millions of licensees around the world use our tech to create interactive, immersive experiences—indie and mobile games, AAA blockbusters, ground-breaking VR and AR experiences, design visualizations for architecture, engineering, and manufacturing—any kind of virtual world you can imagine. And as if that isn’t enough, it’s also the backbone of Epic’s own game titles, including Fortnite.
With so many users across so many industries, all craving detailed information about how to use our latest cutting-edge features, we need a high-performing team of professionals working together to meet the constant demand. If you’re a leader with a vision for what makes great documentation, and you inspire your people and your colleagues every day to turn that vision into reality, join us today!
In This Role You Will
- Set the overall strategic vision for Unreal Engine’s documentation
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders in multiple disciplines, including Product Management, Engineering, Production, Marketing, Support, and Localization
- Put in place effective standards for knowledge organization and documentation governance
- Evaluate the team’s platform and tools, research alternatives, and direct the purchase and deployment of new infrastructure where needed
- Directly manage staff, including lead technical writers
- Plan large-scale initiatives and delivery milestones for the team
- Design and put in place team processes that ensure repeatable success and high quality
- Set, track, and report on KPIs that demonstrate the team’s accountability, success, and alignment with strategic goals
- Plan the growth required for the team to execute on its objectives; evaluate and hire new world-class talent
- Work with the People team to set job descriptions and create growth paths for personal development
What We're Looking For
- Experience in highly technical software development environments
- Proven success managing large content sets and leading significant content development initiatives
- Strong drive to succeed and hunger to solve complex organizational and interpersonal challenges
- Deep understanding of web technologies and web-based content creation tools, ideally Content-as-a-Service applications
- Comfort with all aspects of building and leading a large team, including hiring, planning growth paths, and fostering individual career development
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Commitment to improving team processes and style standards
Nice To Have Skills
- Experience with customers in one or more of Unreal Engine’s target industries, including game development, architecture, manufacturing, automotive design, and film and TV production.
- Programming skills in any language
- Familiarity with other methods of presenting learning content, such as recorded video tutorials, live video streams, or instructor-led training
- Experience creating 3D content, interactive gameplay, and/or real-time design visualizations
Got a mix of the skills and qualifications listed above? We’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.