Director of Sales, East
20 days ago
Age of Learning®
is the leading education technology innovator, creating engaging and effective learning resources to help children build a strong foundation for academic success and a lifelong love of learning. Our research-based digital education programs have proven efficacy in increasing children’s learning gains, and our curriculum is developed by an experienced team of education experts. Age of Learning’s flagship product, ABCmouse.com® Early Learning Academy
, is an award-winning comprehensive curriculum for children. Adventure Academy ™ ,
a massively multiplayer online game (MMO), provides elementary-and middle-school-age learners the opportunity to build critical knowledge in language, arts, math, science, social studies, and more in a fun and safe virtual world. The company’s School Solutions Programs include My Math Academy®
, an adaptive, personalized program that helps students master foundational math concepts, and My Reading Academy™
, which helps young learners become fluent readers and build a foundation for reading comprehension and literacy. With over 10 billion learning activities completed by more than 50 million children worldwide, Age of Learning is a global leader in efforts to advance equity, access, and opportunity for all children. To learn more about Age of Learning, visit www.AgeofLearning.com
Over the past decade, Age of Learning products have been proven to improve learning outcomes and are loved by millions of families and kids. As a well-funded and profitable private company with a seasoned leadership team, Age of Learning invests in developing innovative education solutions to further its mission of helping kids everywhere achieve academic success. To date, Age of Learning's primary business model has been providing subscription products to parents at home. However, over the past five years, the company has made significant investments in patented personalized mastery learning products that we believe can drive substantial learning outcomes in schools.
Age of Learning is seeking to hire a Director of Sales in our Schools Division. In this role, you will work collaboratively with our other Sales leaders on building out our world-class schools' business. This individual will assist in developing and executing go-to-market strategies aligned with our growth goals and will be directly engaged in field sales efforts.
The Director of Sales is responsible for leading and implementing the state strategy in key states while generating significant revenue with the goal of increasing and accelerating sales and customer success by coordinating team activities with designated Customer Success Managers to increase renewal rates, expansions, and new business in assigned accounts.
- Lead strategy for key strategic states as designated by the VP of Sales
- Achieve and exceed assigned sales targets as described in the commission plan
- Participate in the Customer Success management process
- Working with Sales management, Marketing management, Product management, and Customer Success, work strategically to build Age of Learning’s presence in the school’s market
- Document all prospect and customer activities in salesforce and participate in pipeline reviews
- Negotiate and manage proposals to ensure profitable and scalable sales activity
- Demonstrate knowledge of each mastery product, and develop an ability to inform, present, and converse fluently and comfortably with all customer levels
- Effectively executes a sales plan to initiate first-time sales to new customers and expand sales with existing customers through repeat sales and expansion sales.
- Manages prospect and customer relationships to maximize customer exuberance and revenue.
- Develops key contacts and work with them to successfully move them through each stage of the sales process.
- Attends meetings and training and performs other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Provide support on key accounts as designated by the VP of Sales.
Performance Measurements for this position include:
- Total revenue
- Revenue vs. Quota
- Timing of revenue
- Activity (types, quantity, quality)
- Reporting notes (into CRM, weekly 1-1’s, etc.)
- Responsiveness to direction and coaching
- Level of expertise (industry, product, funding, etc.)
- Interactions with colleagues, customers, and prospects
- 3+ years of experience working within Educational Technology in a sales management capacity
- Proven success in consistently exceeding sales targets
- Proficient in Sales Management Software, Salesforce experience
- Must be located on the East Coast and near a major airport
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- Bachelor's degree
The estimated base salary range for a new hire into this position is $150,000 USD to $160,000 USD and is eligible for sales incentive payments (when applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% of employee health and welfare benefits premiums & 65% of dependent benefits premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days (increases to 20 days on your 3-year anniversary), 11 observed national paid holidays plus 9 sick days
• Our flexible work culture means 2 or more days in the office (hybrid) or 100% fully remote options available for most positions
We are aware that an unknown group is using our name to conduct employment scams. Emails coming from the domain “ageoflearningcareers.com
” are not legitimate and do not represent Age of Learning, Inc. If you have any concerns about the validity of any communications regarding employment with Age of Learning, Inc., please contact us at HR@AofL.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Age of Learning, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Age of Learning, Inc. (the “Company”) will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to EEOC requirements
and applicable state laws.