This job might no longer be available.
Director of Retail Operations
4 months ago
Who are we?
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except you’re actually with your friends inside the movie.
We are a team of successful startup veterans with deep experience in VR, gaming, technology and hospitality. We're funded by leading global tech investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Alibaba.
Since we launched in 2017, we’re now live in 12 locations and 6 countries around the world (4.5 stars on Yelp, and the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor), and we’re quickly expanding.
We believe that delivering an exceptional experience to all our guests is the most important thing we can do at Sandbox VR, whether it’s their first time trying VR or they're an avid fan. Reporting to the VP of Retail Operations, you'll serve as the program lead for all initiatives and projects that impact field operations as well as serve as a liaison between the field and other departments. You'll support both corporate stores and our franchise community ensuring successful cascade and implementation of brand processes, procedures, and initiatives.
Here’s how you’ll make a huge impact:
Standard Operating Procedures: You'll lead the development and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for our retail operations. You'll oversee initiatives impacting the field from test through roll-out through post-implementation analysis. To maintain their effectiveness, you'll implement processes for gathering and evaluating feedback, and updating SOPs on a regular basis.
Retail Operations Training: You'll oversee all training for our retail stores. This will include the roll-out plan, training materials, and tools to ensure understanding and adoption by store teams.
Collaboration with Diverse Teams: You'll build cross-functional partnerships to ensure alignment in the development of our retail business. You'll closely collaborate with the Marketing, Retail Development, Platform, Production & Release, Reliability, Holodeck Engineering, People Operations, and Finance teams to ensure alignment and to gather information, feedback, and direction. You'll also serve as the key stakeholder on projects initiated by other departments.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into materials and tools that are clear, easy to understand, and actionable. You are able to adapt your communication style to the intended audience.
- You have a successful Project Management track record and can discuss your previous accomplishments in delivering projects on time using succinct goals that were understandable and easy for stores to execute efficiently.
- You can demonstrate a proven system to organize your priorities, maintain and track project status, and provide project status updates to stakeholders.
- You’re a hands-on owner with a “whatever it takes” attitude. You can operate outside of an inherited structure, embracing constraints and finding creative ways to solve problems, build structure, and accomplish goals. You are flexible and can effortlessly shift gears and direction in a dynamic environment.
- You have 5-10 years’ experience in a 4-wall retail industry with the ability to operate both at the store and regional level.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
By joining the Sandbox VR team, you’ll get:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly Wellness Benefit
- Equity in a growing company
Ready to apply? Here are some ways you can especially stand out, so we don’t overlook your application!
- If you're passionate about VR, we'd love to hear more. How'd you get into it? What disappointed you? VR is not in a good spot today, but we're all true believers and we believe we will help make it happen.
- If you have a sample business model or a company presentation you have given to the whole retail team or the retail management team that you can share, we'd love to see it.
How do I apply?
If you’re interested in this role, please apply here, or find some other way to get in touch if you’d really like to stand out. We’d like to see at least a CV or LinkedIn, and a quick cover letter/email/blurb on why you’re the right fit for us.
Sandbox VR Recruiting Team