Director of Program Management, Revenue & Operations
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States, Los Angeles, California, United States, Portland, Oregon, United States, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
6 months ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
About the role:
You are a highly-organized, enthusiastic Program Manager with exceptional communication skills and a demonstrable talent for program management. The act of planning excites you; organization and efficiency make you squeal with glee. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, always follows-up, and enjoys working within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The Director of Program Management will be responsible for creating and modifying processes and teams while providing oversight for multiple complex cross-functional initiatives across the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Own the organizational, operating, and execution strategy for Program Management within the Revenue and Operations Organizations
- Gather metrics to ensure initiatives and goals meet or exceed business goals
- Hire, mentor, and manage a team of top-notch Program and Project managers
- Manage programs of fast-moving project in a complex hyper growth environment to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Own communications with key stakeholders to easily and transparently surface issues and decisions
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of program and project status
- Allocate and prioritize company resources as they pertain to individual programs and departments
- Collaborate with PMO leaders to build standard processes and best practices across the organization
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 10+ years of work experience in program or project management in technology companies
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Experience working with revenue focused teams including but not limited to Marketing, Sales, Business Development, People, Talent Acquisition, HR, and Monetization
- Deep knowledge of project, program, and portfolio management in dynamic environments
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute within a high-pressure environment
- Adaptable to changing requirements and business needs
- Capable of juggling multiple programs simultaneously while motivating, encouraging, and ensuring cooperation among team members
- Four year degree (or a great reason why you don't have one)
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience with Gantt charts, MS Project, or other project management tools