Director of Program Management, Operations
25 days ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we're looking for:
You are a highly-organized, enthusiastic Program Manager with exceptional communication skills and a demonstrable talent for program management. The act of planning excites you; organization and efficiency make you squeal with glee. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, always follows-up, and enjoys working within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The Director of Program Management will be responsible for creating and modifying processes and providing oversight for multiple complex cross-functional initiatives across the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Own the organizational, operating, and execution strategy for Program Management within the Operations Org
- Gather metrics to ensure initiatives and goals meet or exceed business goals
- Hire, mentor, and manage a team of top-notch Program and Project managers
- Manage programs of fast-moving project in a complex hyper growth environment to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Own communications with key stakeholders to easily and transparently surface issues and decisions
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of program and project status
- Allocate and prioritize company resources as they pertain to individual programs and departments
- Collaborate with PMO leaders to build standard processes and best practices across the organization
- 10+ years of work experience in program or project management in technology companies
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Experience working with operations focused teams including but not limited to Business Operations, People Operations, Finance and Comms
- Deep knowledge of project, program, and portfolio management in dynamic environments
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute within a high-pressure environment
- Adaptable to changing requirements and business needs
- Capable of juggling multiple programs simultaneously while motivating, encouraging, and ensuring cooperation among team members
- Four year degree (or a great reason why you don't have one)
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience with Gantt charts, MS Project, or other project management tools