Director of Production
25 days ago
We are looking for an experienced Director of Production to help strategize, implement, schedule, and maintain specific features on a new immersive, open-world sandbox life-simulation Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) game. We want an individual who can own the production of multiple features while working with the Product Team on design and scope.
- Drive the completion of project goals and facilitate communication, organization, and accountability across a multi-discipline development team
- Help implement production schedules for features at all stages: ideation, development, launch, and post-launch support
- Anticipate production issues and remove roadblocks or bottlenecks that may prevent developers from achieving their goals on time
- Collaborate closely with product, design, engineering, QA, and art teams to ensure high-quality deliverables
- Help make informed decisions in conjunction with leads on development priorities and resources
- Evaluate current team processes, identify weaknesses, and implement new/changed processes across disciplines to increase efficiency
- Communicate frequently with the production team as well as with team leadership regarding project status, risks, and opportunities
- Implement and share new ways of improving operational efficiency and increasing predictability
- 8+ years of Production experience, ideally with MMOs, virtual worlds, and social simulations, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience working directly with engineers with the ability to understand, effectively communicate and drive technical features
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to influence others and write, speak, and present with impact
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in project management software and tools, Jira specifically
- Experience running a live service
- Track record of shipping high-quality products
- Experience running remote teams
- UGC and/or publishing platform experience
- Experience developing on PC and Consoles simultaneously
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life/AD&D Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- ADP Employee Discount Program
- Daily Lunch (in office only)
- Free Snacks & Beverages (in office only)
$125,000/year to $180,000/year
A reasonable estimate of the current US base salary range for this position is salary (the range listed above) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within that range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skill sets, experience and training, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include discretionary bonus (if any, based on individual and organizational performance), equity, or benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.