Director of Partnerships - DACH
18 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
The Director of Partnerships, DACH (DE, AT, CH) will shape regional content plans alongside leading a team comprised of acquisition, account management and associate personnel. You will negotiate and close complex broadcast licensing agreements with key industry partners in the DACH media and influencer space. You have management and business development experience, a customer service mentality, a passion for multiplayer entertainment and can work under evolving timelines. This role will report to the Director of Partnerships, Central Europe & CIS and is based in Berlin.
- Create, manage and execute local strategic initiatives and other content partnership projects
- Supervise, develop and lead team of partnerships personnel
- Manage key performance metrics and goals
- Provide regular reports to senior management
- Drive long-term territory organization and content strategies with the intent to increase creator service levels, satisfaction, and income while simultaneously driving Twitch to profitability
- Business development, from outreach to complex contract negotiation and execution
- Lead territory deal teams that conduct negotiations with talent agencies, build and improve deal proposals/models.
- Manage and strengthen relationships with existing partnered content creators where applicable
- Collaborate with multiple internal departments to achieve regional goals
- At least 3+ years people management experience
- Business development experience within the German media landscape
- Must be organized , strategic, creative and able to clearly communicate how plans will deliver against organizational goals
- Are focused on setting and exceeding personal, team, and organizational goals
- Capable of managing competing priorities at the same time
- Understanding of common online video and online advertising metrics
- Developed understanding of the traditional and digital media sector
- Ability to travel to gaming conventions (E.g. Gamescom, TwitchCon)
- Must be proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google docs and sheets
- Have an existing network in the media and talent industry
- Experience with negotiations
- Target-motivated: excited to deliver and exceed our goals
- Fluent oral, written, and presentation communication skills in both German and English
- Fluency in one (or more) other language(s)
- Previous employment in a similar role on the platform / agency / Broadcaster side
- Experience using a CRM
- Advanced Office and Excel (can perform complex functions) skills
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Maternity & Parental Benefits
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , etc. )
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7017
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.