Director of Music Curation and Programming
7 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
You will oversee the development and management of Twitch Music's curation and programming function, including defining Twitch Music's editorial content strategy, programming approach and priorities, and management of Soundtrack's global team of curators. You will also develop a strategy to build the connective tissue between Soundtrack and the larger Twitch Music ecosystem, offering unique ways for music streamers, their communities and artists to connect.
Additionally, you will work with other teams to develop artist and premium partner content programs being a content development expert, and partnering with product development to help support building a unique music experience for the creator and viewer.
You have a understanding of music content, industry dynamics and the underlying economics including creator platforms, emerging content formats and the online music space. You are excited by the opportunity to shape the future of Twitch music relationships in the face of growth plans.
This position can also be located in Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Plan and execute Twitch Music's editorial content strategy
- Manage curation function for Soundtrack
- Partner with product development teams
- Contribute to the development and execution of new music content programs
- Provide value-added recommendations to enhance our music product roadmap
- 10+ years of music industry or tech experience working in content and programming
- Broad range of genres and music experience required
- Strong existing relationships with labels, artists, and management companies
- Deep knowledge of growth objectives of the music industry
- Thorough understanding of strategic objectives of traditional and emerging media landscapes, including social and content streaming platforms
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.