Director of Monetization
11 days ago
SciPlay is a leading developer of digital mobile games, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day. We’re looking for a Director of Monetization that will be responsible for the game's Live Ops, from scheduling, conception & planning, through design, development and operation and finally following through with long-term planning based on the game’s future roadmap, A/B testing and analytics.
The Director, Monetization will be part of the “quad-force” - the game’s management team, which defines the long term and short term strategys and roadmap of the product. They will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and will ensure daily game-wide goals are met, our activity continues to evolve and its standard continues to rise. In order to successfully perform this, they will interface with all game leads and all stages of the game life-cycle: planning, art design, development, QA and production.
Monetization today is one of the foundations of our games, serving to make each player's experience diverse and exciting on a day-to-day basis! By constantly introducing original, short-lived in-game activities that interact with the base game, we aim to create an ongoing cycle of anticipation and variation. This requires a sound understanding of the game’s core functionalities, combined with the ability to leverage them through clear and consistent UI and visual communication across various Live Ops, which include: daily challenges, ongoing mini-games, both game community-wide & personalized promotions and more. Our Live Ops are based around real-world calendar events, new game content, game features or changes - we are limited only by our creativity, and that creativity is the foundation of successful Live Ops!
- Define game strategy and team culture as part of the “quad-force” team
- Define and execute a long-term, data-driven Monetization strategy
- Drive continuous innovation in the game's day over day activity, adding new types of communication, integration of new features, etc.
- Define and execute a long-term Live Ops Calendar, including short-term and long-term activity, both recurring and one-time
- Enrich the game with several layers of game-in-game activity, driving all stages of these activities' planning and development
- Possess a deep understanding of the game team goals and how these are addressed through Monetization
- Possess a deep understanding of existing game mechanics and how to best utilize them within Live Ops
- Differentiate in-game activity between player segments, to optimize activity-based KPI uplifts
- Integrate supporting player-facing communication, including both external communications through multiple channels (push notifications, Community posts, personal email marketing, etc.) and internal in-game messaging
- Collaborate with product and production teams throughout different development stages in order to reach the best possible outcome
- Formulate, streamline and manage team-wide processes as well as integrate with existing ones, while adhering to strict timelines
- 5+ years of experience working on a game team; genuine interest in Mobile gaming
- Outstanding creativity and drive
- Ability to think strategically and create a vision for the game
- Excellent analytical skills and KPI driven
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English both player-facing and internal (team-facing)
- Strong sense of responsibility and professionalism
- Attention to detail with an eye for aesthetics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well independently or within a team environment
- Game design knowledge – a big advantage