Director of Marketing, Games
27 days ago
At Arkadium our purpose is to have fun while creating fun - and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing for 20 years.
We’re the creators behind the world’s most-played games. From the Solitaire that came on your Windows machine, to hundreds of other games you’ve come to know and love - you can find our games on Arkadium.com, iOS, Android, and lots of other big sites worldwide.
As a proud Evergreen business our values of Fierce Drive, Positive Energy and Living Full Lives are the driving force behind how we run and the choices we make.
We’re privately held (aka stable and reasonable about growth), founder-led (aka passionate about our craft) and we consistently rank as a “Best Place to Work” (aka not your typical games company).
Interested in becoming an Arkadian? We’d love to connect with you.
Arkadium is seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Marketing to lead and develop our growth marketing team. Reporting to the CEO, this opportunity is fitting for a leader who is innovative, motivated and excited to roll up their sleeves. This is a high-level, high visibility role that is responsible for organic/in-organic growth, user acquisition, product marketing, and social. Our ideal candidate also has a strong and proven background in successfully marketing casual web and/or mobile games that players love.
We take a remote approach, but we a have an office in Lisbon :)
- Develop and execute marketing strategies for our web games platforms and mobile app initiatives.
- Oversee growth marketing strategies, new user acquisition, and cross-platform initiatives.
- Manage external paid UA resources for effective and ROAS positive campaign management.
- Create and implement consumer marketing strategies to enhance consumer engagement and retention.
- Plan and execute marketing promotions, including seasonal events, sweepstakes, and partnerships, to boost customer acquisition, revenue, brand awareness, and player loyalty.
- Implement player lifecycle management strategies, covering user acquisition, retention, and reactivation, to maximize player lifetime value.
- Establish and monitor SEO goals and KPIs leveraging external vendors, analytics, and reporting tools to measure success.
- Collaborate with Product teams to ensure successful new product launches, features, promotions, and go-to-market strategies.
- Provide strategic insights based on market research and player trends.
- Maintain and strengthen the Arkadium brand with a consistent voice across all communications.
- Develop and lead a high-performing marketing team, providing guidance and support for their growth and success.
- Minimum of 5 years of full-stack marketing and leadership experience with a focus on casual web and/or mobile gaming
- Track record of using growth and performance marketing to achieve ambitious company growth goals
- Experience using marketing automation and analytics tools to track and measure the performance and ROI of marketing programs
- Strong understanding of casual game distribution channels, their main user acquisition channels and growth strategies
- Experience successfully managing budgets across multiple digital/media channels
- Experience building and leading teams that deliver results
- Deep understanding of player behaviors, market trends and business models
- Understanding of complex digital projects, attention to detail, and organized workflows
- Project management skills and a proven ability to execute successful initiatives in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and the ability to foster/maintain relationships across multiple internal teams and external partners/vendors
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive compensation with structured performance and career development check-ins
- Meaningful supplemental health insurance (medical, dental & vision plans)
- Meal allowance
- Additional budget for conferences you are interested in
- Personal development budget to fuel your passions and desire to learn (Arkadians are taking classes in not only Excel and leadership, but also interior design and even swimming!)
- Time off from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day so we can all enjoy the holidays
- A unique culture of transparency, true teamwork and fun
- Summer Fridays: 4 Fridays off throughout the Summer to have more fun in the sun