Director of Business Management
Undead Labs is looking for a Finance Director to drive our strategic business planning, and support our development teams in delivering the next hit in the State of Decay game franchise. Reporting to the COO, this role collaborates closely with the Undead Labs executive leadership team and our studio Product Owners, in addition to key Microsoft partners, to deliver fully realized financial strategies that elevate us to new levels of quality and polish.
At Undead Labs, we work in highly collaborative, cross-discipline teams because we understand that the best ideas are ones we generate together. We are creators of the hit survival-fantasy franchise, State of Decay, played by millions, and we operate independently as part of a network of studios now owned by Microsoft. We have a rich history of entrepreneurship and empowerment that will carry us forward as we reach new levels of quality, ambition, and polish.
Core Responsibilities & Objectives
- Conduct strategic business planning for the Lab, including long-range planning and development plus assessment of business-planning scenarios based on various modeling inputs.
- Create financial statements and supporting analysis to reflect the state of the business and highlight segments or subject that require monitoring or action.
- Partner with leaders within Undead Labs as well as MS XGS Finance to present a realistic perspective on our financial opportunities and the business targets required to achieve them.
- Drive your domain by proposing and implementing financial strategies that align with and are in service our studio initiatives.
- Provide visibility to strategic KPIs and trends, through BI tools and dashboards.
- Introduce and improve upon financial processes that elevate the studio operationally and guide our product development efforts.
- Oversee day-to-day financial stewardship of the business.
- Establish and maintain product P&Ls for multiple game production efforts with varied monetization and revenue recognition models.
- Mentor and develop finance staff.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experienced planner and rigorous reporter .
- Curiosity backed by the analytical, modeling, and forecasting skills necessary to discover answers.
- Demonstrated communication skills and ability to develop interpersonal relationships .
- Profound commitment to the highest standards of ethics and integrity .
- Demonstrated FP&A experience within the games industry
Bonus if You Have
- MBA degree and relevant hands-on experience.
- Corporate tax payments and management experience.