Director, Talent Management
11 days ago
You are a strong HR generalist with a solid background in talent management who brings a pragmatic, practical, and common-sense HR approach. You possess a concrete understanding of HR practices ‘beyond the textbook’ - utilizing more than programs and processes to achieve a positive outcome. You are known for being an exceptional communicator and effective relationship builder, who is able to identify talent and assist in the building of high-performance teams. You thrive in an ever changing environment and are comfortable navigating through ambiguity. Most importantly, you have a forward-thinking mindset for what "could be" rather than what “is", with recognition for collaboration, detail and heart.
Sounds like a match? Read on to learn more!
Kabam is looking for a Director, TalentManagement to join our People & Talent Acquisition team. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, you will provide leadership, mentorship, and oversight to our Talent Acquisition, People Business Partnering, and Talent Development functions. You will join a close-knit team of talented individuals who possess unique superpowers. We aim to foster a delightful employee experience while supporting the business to achieve our company goals. We do this using a #DataDriven approach to support decision-making with a #BusinessMindset and a #OneTeam mentality. We are serious about delivering great work while having serious fun doing it!
In this role, you will make an impact through:
- Working closely with the Chief of Staff to create and execute Kabam’s People strategy that aims to cultivate an employee experience-focused and high-performance culture, with emphasis on collaboration and co-elevation
- Directing and evolving Kabam’s people programs spanning across the entire employee lifecycle
- Keeping a good pulse on staff engagement and morale by identifying and overseeing the implementation of clear and simple strategies to strengthen culture and optimize talent
- Ensuring all the People processes and programs enhances the business’ ability to deliver on its strategy
- Providing strategic advice on workforce planning, talent development, employee engagement and culture
- Acting as a coach and business partner for senior leaders within the organization on people and organizational initiatives
- Continuously assessing and analyzing issues, metrics, identifying gaps, conducting research and analysis on our own results, best practices and emerging trends
- Providing mentorship to develop our team members and keeping everyone engaged
- Staying abreast of people and culture trends
You will bring with you:
- 12+ years’ experience in Human Resources with 5+ years in a leadership role, preferably in the high-tech industry
- Proven record in leading and motivating people to overcome challenges in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- A drive to take on new opportunities and challenges, with the self-motivation to continue to develop and grow oneself and others
- An ability to set the standard for operational efficiency, investing in practical processes and systems to maximize team and business results
- Intellectual and emotional intelligence to strategically partner cross-functionally and across all levels within the organization in the pursuit of shared business outcomes
- A willingness to jump from strategic to tactical, and back again as necessary
- Exceptional business acumen with a strong understanding of the importance to balance the business needs with people's needs
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills paired with solid quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- An ability to influence and challenge conventional thinking and suggest new ideas
- Additional language skills are a definite plus!
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.