Director, Security Operations
7 days ago
As the Director of Security, you will lead our organizational efforts to provide a secure and trustless platform for all of our customers. You are ahead of the curve on current and future cybersecurity threats and are proactive in reducing risk by implementing and maintaining effective security measures. You love security automation and push your team to use state-of-the-art methods and tools to safeguard the organization’s assets.
In this role, you will...
- Identify, develop, implement and maintain security processes and policies throughout the engineering and IT organization.
- Own the development, capture, understanding and reporting of key performance and service level indicators of security within the organization.
- Establish appropriate standards and controls to limit risk and liability in all areas.
- Research and deploy the latest security technologies and innovate security management techniques to safeguard Forte’s assets, including intellectual property and trade secrets.
- Direct staff in the support of cloud security, network and architecture design, threat modeling, vulnerability assessments and security operations.
- Be responsible for live operations, incident management and the real-time detection of indicators of compromise.
- Partner with other teams - such as Product, IT, Business Operations & Token Economics - to develop policies, governance and enforcement of cloud security best practices.
- Be a thought leader in security within the blockchain ecosystem by solving problems nobody has solved before.
To be a good fit, you have...
- 8 years of experience in cloud-based software development, DevSecOps, or equivalent (roles where you have been directly responsible for the complete software development lifecycle, including security).
- +3 years of senior leadership experience in a related field (roles where you are managing the needs of multiple teams and executive stakeholders with little to no oversight).
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing platforms and delivery models, including AWS and GCP.
- An automation-first mentality with the ability to support security operations in fully automated environments .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to develop efficient processes and clear documentation for Forte and our customers .
- One or more industry recognized security-related certifications - such as: AWS Security- Specialty, GCP Cloud Security Engineer, Certified Information Security Professional (CISP) .
Bonus if you also have...
- Experience with the fundamentals of blockchain technology, developer platforms, game design, and / or token economics.
- Ability to gain buy-in and influence change, including with executives and challenging audiences.
- High-growth or early-stage startup experience .
- Experience with enterprise security governance and policy.
- A variety of open source contributions, public speaking engagements and authorship in relevant areas of expertise, demonstrating thought leadership.
We believe in treating people right to build a great team for the journey ahead. If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive compensation
- Remote and/or flexible work arrangements. We believe in bringing on the best people to our team, no matter where they are in the world
- A dynamic startup environment where you will constantly be challenged and exposed to new ideas
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Forte is building economic technology for games. Its end-to-end platform enables the emergence of community economics, a system where the interests of game developers and players are aligned, leading to healthier, sustainable game communities. The team is composed of longtime industry members (Unity, ngmoco, Riot Games, Electronic Arts, Sony, and Rockstar Games, among others), and is currently working with over 20 acclaimed game developers from across the industry to reimagine the economics of games.