This job might no longer be available.
Director, Product Management – Warcraft Arclight Rumble
8 months ago
Job Title:Director, Product Management – Warcraft Arclight Rumble
Director, Product Management - Warcraft Arclight Rumble | Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment is a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming but entertainment and the technology that drives our player experience.
We are on a quest to find a legendary Director, Product Management who is the authority in their craft to support our most recently announced game Warcraft Arclight Rumble. The ideal candidate will be a key leader on the steering team of W.A.R. and lead the Product Management team supporting the development of the Warcraft franchise’s first mobile game. Importantly, they will have a deep understanding of and empathy for our players because they are a player themselves.
Growing the Warcraft Franchise
Over nearly 30 years, Warcraft has demonstrated remarkable longevity as an industry-leading game and franchise. Even with that long history of success, Warcraft continues to drive growth today. In the last few years, the game has seen its highest player counts, the strongest player sentiment, and business outcomes in nearly a decade.
Warcraft is a billion-dollar franchise with significant room to continue to grow. This critical role will lead the strategy and execution that will enable that continued growth in deep partnership and collaboration with teams across Blizzard. Help define the future of Warcraft, grow our player base, and drive our games’ long-term success.
Business Performance Leadership at Blizzard
As a core part of our franchise and game leadership teams, successful Product leaders at Blizzard need a unique mix of quantitative and qualitative capabilities. The same levels of creativity, innovation and ingenuity that our creative teams bring to areas like design and art, we expect from our product leaders in strategy, data, live ops, and monetization.
This requires a unique combination of data-driven thinking to identify strategic opportunities, the creativity and passion to execute in innovative and player-centric ways, and the collaboration to influence and align deeply passionate and invested development team.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
- Develop the long-term strategy for the business of our game, communicate the vision, and give updates on progress to leadership.
- Build and manage a world class Product Management Team including the capability to provide the right data, information, and insights to support short- and long-term decision making. Be a fierce advocate for the quantitative, data informed culture
- Establish goals and KPIs to measure player base health and business performance. Monitor and call out potential issues and share performance data with development, publishing, and commercial leadership. Lead forecasting efforts, scenario planning and business reviews. Drive experimentation and A/B testing strategies
- Partner with design teams to ensure our game mechanics, core game loops and system design align with our player needs and business goals, create and balance models for game economies, progression systems, and model and maintain in-game economy health.
- Define a Live Ops strategy that drives growth including defining the content and release cadence to meet performance goals and partner with the development team to manage the live service to drive acquisition, retention, and monetization while maintaining a healthy community; propose compelling features to improve engagement, retention, and monetization; and report out on performance.
- Create, maintain, and optimize sustainable monetization models that improve long-term franchise revenue, including content, monetization, testing, and optimization. Own the Shop strategy
- Identify and execute growth strategies and initiatives. Define the Live Service approach, including content and release cadence and ensure we are meeting and achieving our performance goals.
- Identify discreet player segments and develop or propose initiatives to address them.
- Track player life cycle and acquisition funnel and execute initiatives to grow the player base.
- Be an expert resource on the genre and industry business practices: business models, live ops, content strategy, innovative features, and launches.
- Partner with the publishing team to define, coordinate, and implement out of game activities and events (e.g., pricing and promotions).
- Partner with publishing and development teams to develop SKU and content strategies (in and out of game).
- Drive transparency and collaboration with key internal teams like Battle.net.
- Increase the repeatability of our successes by sharing standard processes and lessons learned with other game teams and bring the best of Warcraft to Blizzard.
- Passion for the business of games and plays games extensively so you can understand the perspective of players and represent those in your work
- Experience leading a PM function including hiring, training, and developing a team of PMs
- Deep knowledge in the key performance metrics that drive game performance
- Ability to effectively balance the needs of technology, business, and user experience
- Demonstrated ability to inspire change and accountability through influence and collaboration
- Built and managed product and/or data teams at scale
- Data-driven decision maker with intellectual humility and a passion for testing
- 5+ years of experience including product management, live ops performance, or monetization design; 2+ years of experience leading product management teams
- Experienced manager with a history of guiding high performers to do their best work
- Collaborative problem solver, structured and organized thinker, excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage complex projects with diverse stakeholders all over the world (disciplines, regions, etc)
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $120,600.00 - $223,110.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.