Director, Product Design
14 days ago
At Unity, we view success through the lens of Creators. We believe that by providing simple tools for real-time 3D authoring, that we can empower people around the world to co-create the Metaverse. This is a key leadership role reporting to the GM of Discovery & Onboarding that will work side-by-side with Engineering, Product, and Marketing leadership on Discovery & Onboarding, and partner with organizations across Unity.
We are undergoing a dramatic transformation to reimagine our brand, experiences, and products. We are throwing past constraints and assumptions out the window as we design and build an integrated experience across and through Unity products and services. We know real change is hard work, which is why we need people who are aligned with our values and ready to make a serious impact on the world.
What you’ll be doing
- Build the vision, culture, team, and processes for Product Design within Discovery & Onboarding from the ground up (founding member of the team) with a line of sight on our 2030 vision
- Connect the dots. Define and improve UX to achieve an integrated experience across Unity’s portfolio. You’ll identify, distill, and curate common UX patterns and drive design consistency across products/services/experiences
- Build user-focused designs informed by market analysis, customer feedback, and user research insights. You’ll interact directly with customers to understand their struggles with the product / UX and adapt designs to better meet their needs
- Collaborate like mad with partners and peers around the globe in an inclusive environment to improve the overall user experience and increase business impact. You’ll lead multi-functional, cross-team collaborations with Product Management, Marketing, Engineering and Executives
- You'll communicate the vision by creating and presenting concept models, scenarios, flows, wireframes, information architecture diagrams, and other artifacts
What we’re looking for
- Experience working on products that are built from scratch, as well as on existing platforms
- Strong collaboration skills, specifically, listening and communicating optimally – in writing, speaking, and presenting (in-person and on conference calls)
- The ability to clearly articulate your decision-making and design process, challenge assumptions respectfully, and give and receive feedback
- You can wrangle chaos. You can get your stuff done but also know when you need extra hands - either internally or external - and how to guide them. You are flexible, moving at the pace of creativity and culture
- You’re a standout colleague. You bring good energy and know that we need all hands working together to elevate each of us. You mesh and play with all the different subject areas
- You’re focused on growth. You’re not precious, you are resilient and you know this is about getting the right work into the world above all else. You get the urgency. You understand the stakes. You understand this isn’t about any one of us but the change that together we must make in the world
You might also have
- Proven experience in a RT3D organization
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.