Director, European Public Policy
Guildford England United Kingdom
2 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At EA, we inspire the world to play. As a member of EA’s Public Policy and Government Affairs team, you’ll help lead EA’s engagement with government, regulators, trade association and other policy partners on European issues.
You will report to EA’s VP, Legal, and you will be based in our Guildford, UK offices.
Electronic Arts and the video game industry’s policy issues are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where regulation, public policy, business and technology intersect. You will shape public policies that promote a framework where EA and our players thrive.
- Collaborate with all partners on advocacy, policy, research and political engagement to form creative ways to achieve policy goals, which align with business plans.
- Promote strategic political and public affairs engagement designed to increase EA’s brand awareness, expertise, and long-term credibility with main institutions across Europe.
- Advocate directly with policymakers and regulators to further their understanding of EA’s business model and influence decisions and bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction.
- Collaborate with internal legal and communications specialists to respond to governmental investigations and media inquiries, and to develop policy communications, including legislative testimony, talking points, alerts, and white papers for distribution to government and other policy audiences.
- Represent us with European trade organizations and work with external consultants to craft strategy, guide policy and improve government relations.
- Develop a strategic network of partners, including representatives from other game industry companies, associations, coalitions and other third-party allies, with the purpose to share our visions, align our common interests and promote the development of our industry.
- Monitor public policy developments in Europe, identify new trends and translate policy developments into meaningful guidance for leadership and team members.
- 10+ years’ relevant experience in public policy and public affairs; game industry experience preferred;
- Impeccable integrity, strong analytical skills, and a keen sense of humour;
- Collaborative by nature and able to build partnerships;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and ability to manage a complex workload;
- Experience promoting global, enterprise-wide policies;
- Experience engaging with government and regulatory officials;
- Experience supporting and collaborating with diverse partners; and
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance and dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym, onsite cafe, casual dress code and games areas
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas and New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!