Director, Engagement Strategies
20 days ago
Job Title:Director, Engagement Strategies
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As Director, Engagement Strategies, you will apply your passion for employee engagement by relentlessly pursuing opportunities to identify and address risks to employee engagement. You will develop trainings and tools to proactively promote positive employee engagement practices. You will do so by engaging with our Human Resources, Employee Relations, Legal and Communications teams. You will also work with our business leaders, from the most senior decision makers to direct managers of front line employees to understand the needs of the business and the desired employee culture, then find opportunities to deploy standard processes to proactively ensure risks to engagement are minimized. When there are challenges to engagement, you will collaborate with internal teams and local leaders to understand root causes and develop solutions. You will follow up to ensure issues do not reemerge. You will apply lessons learned in engagement training and consider recommended changes of company practices to reduce the risk of similar issues in the future.
Here is what a successful first year might include:
- You have established yourself with all collaborators as a valuable partner who can be counted on to balance the needs of the business with our commitment to provide all employees with an engaged employment experience.
- Your contributions will be reflected in company policies and various touchpoints in the lifecycle of our employees, including recruitment, new hire orientation and new leader training.
- You will have created a process to educate people leaders (including new leaders as part of their initial orientation) why employee engagement is so important, and they will have a better ability to ensure employee engagement is considered in all important workplace decisions.
- After supporting local leaders during escalated employee engagement challenges, you will consider lessons learned and apply those lessons in future leader trainings and possibly recommend changes to current ABK practices to avoid such challenges in the future.
- Support the creation of best-in-class engagement and inclusion strategies to build employee experiences that enable managers and employees to work directly together.
- Ensure full understanding of business and culture landscape to identify issues, diagnose root causes, provide insights, offer recommendations and develop proactive solutions to tackle employee engagement opportunities.
- Apply strong analytical skills and ability to understand sophisticated issues and root causes, maximising quantitative and qualitative data to develop insights, guide decisions, and formulate solutions to engagement deficiencies.
- Collaborate with Communications team to develop and implement communication and training to ensure managers and HR are driving positive employee relations and are capable of confidently responding to raised employee relations issues.
- Guide all levels of management and HR on risk level, risk reduction solutions, key findings and external pressure, using subject matter expertise on employee rights to protected concerted activity.
- Advise leaders on potential engagement risks and offer solutions.
- Develop strategic plans and lead lawful and respectful response to protected concerted activity arising under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA).
- Maintain up to date and forward-looking knowledge of trends to coordinate compliance with Legal on the NLRA, FLSA and other employment laws and regulations. Advise leaders of relevant changes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- 7+ years’ of proven experience interpreting and coordinating compliance with employment laws and regulations, engaging in various forms of conflict resolution, resolving complex employment charges and complaints, and developing and writing company policy and procedures.
- Extensive, demonstrated experience managing labor issues and/or a union-eligible workforce, including participation in negotiations, grievances, and arbitrations.
- Ability to successfully negotiate business agreements and to resolve disputes with union leadership and internal business partners.
- Ability to effectively evaluate multiple scenarios and to implement effective solutions to broadly defined business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions quickly and effectively and to redirect resources to meet constantly evolving business situations.
- Ability to write and present diverse ideas in a logical and concise manner. Ability to effectively communicate complex messages to diverse audiences at all organization levels.
- Thorough understanding of human resources and labor relations principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with employees, boards, officials, directors, and other partners.
- Working understanding of statistical concepts and methods of data collection. Ability to compile, research, and analyze information. Ability to compose and present comprehensive reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
COVID-19 Hiring Update
This role is expected to begin and continue as a remote position.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet.
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $120,600.00 - $223,110.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.