Director, EA Games, Core Community Activation
Guildford England United Kingdom
10 days ago
Electronic Arts’ Core Community Activation Team connects the voices of EA’s 300+ million players to our global game development teams. Creating engaging programs and platforms designed to build thriving, healthy communities. The Director will lead the Global Core Community Activation strategy for some of the best game franchises in the world, including Battlefield, The Sims, EA’s Star Wars, Need for Speed, and more. The Director also sits on the Community Activation Leadership Team, which shapes key player engagement programs for EA brands and communities worldwide.
As part of this role, the Director will oversee a global team of Community Managers focused on delivering creative, consistent and transparent communication to our players, while managing long-term relationships with key community influencers. Managing global EA GAMES Core Community budgets, creating a framework for consistent community-to-development feedback, and leading strategy for EA’s player influencer program (EA Game Changers). In addition, the Director will play a highly visible role contributing to key external and internal enterprise-wide programs, such as EA Healthy Communities, partnering with key stakeholders across the organisation.
Passion is the fuel that drives our teams, and the successful candidate will be deeply focused on creating a connection to the player community. Utilising deep video game and community management expertise, people leadership skills and a strong communications acumen to strengthen overall player engagement and sentiment for EA franchises across the world.
- Develop a global strategy for engaging and developing long-term relationships with player communities across the EA GAMES portfolio
- Oversee and manage a global team of Community Managers that drive EA’s Core Community Standards for the EA GAMES portfolio, inclusive of direct-to-player communications platforms, management of EA’s Game Changer program and community to developer feedback loops via reporting and community events.
- Handle highly sensitive Community or Player-related crisis communications with partners across the organisation.
- Build and maintain a strong network of partners both in studio and around the organisation to help drive the EA GAMES Community Activation strategy, with partners including the Development, Brand, Marcom Activation, finance, legal and other key stakeholders.
- Partner with Marcom Activation Leaders to ensure one cohesive global activation plan for each EA GAMES franchise.
- Partner with Consumer Insights and Global Analytics on research and insights from the community that help inform the development team on key features and game development decisions.
- Partner with EA Healthy Communities leaders on toxicity-related issues in the community, ensuring the community team is adhering to EA’s standards, guidelines, policies and procedures
- Serve as an active leader on the Community Activation Leadership team, leading or participating in enterprise-wide initiatives (e.g. EA PLAY, Gamescom, etc.) that have a global impact for players.
- Ensure all Electronic Arts standards, policies, and processes are observed and followed by the team.
You will need:
- Passion for community/customer communications
- 10+ years’ experience working in online community, customer experience, social media, journalism, online marketing, or equivalent.
- 7+ years of team management experience in global, cross-functional environments.
- Ability to handle highly visible and time sensitive crisis communications asks and work as an effective partner across multiple stakeholders.
- Proficient in writing, grammar, and content-creation abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme, pension scheme and stock plans
- Private medical insurance and dental care, life insurance and free onsite gym
- Employee discounts and rail season ticket loans
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Onsite café, casual dress code and games areas
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!