Director, Corporate Communications
19 days ago
Job Title:Director, Corporate Communications
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, and Finance. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Director will play a critical and highly visible role as part of the Communications department by developing and implementing strategic communications plans. The individual will report directly to the Vice President of Corporate Communications.
In this role, s/he will help execute the corporate communications strategy by supporting company messaging and serve as a representative in corporate communications to gaming and national press. S/he will be responsible for preparing materials for members of the C-Suite. S/he will partner closely with Activision Blizzard’s global Investor Relations, Human Resources, Legal, and Franchise Communications teams to execute strategic and crisis communications programs. S/he will have experience executing crisis communications plans in a complex organization with varied priorities and stakeholders. S/he will also identify, draft, and pitch stories that bring the company’s mission and vision to life.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated experience developing external communications and securing earned media. S/he must have experience in the entertainment, gaming, consumer, or tech industry. The successful candidate must have the willingness to put in extra hours when required, be detail oriented, and deliver high-level projects on deadline.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Support the execution of the Corporate External Communications strategy and plan
- Establish relationship with key reporters and actively engage in media outreach
- Support the Corporate Communications function in managing crises by being part of a rapid respose team and developing statements and talking points. Ensure brand and reputation implications are understood across functions outside of communications
- Develop an understanding of the business and franchise cadences and work closely with the Business Unit communications teams to drive greater earned media opportunities
- Develop and edit a variety of externally facing written content (press releases, blogs, statements, etc.) and assist with preparation of talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material
- Partner with cross-functional departments to identify storytelling opportunities and support issues management, particularly Investor Relations, Human Resources, and Legal
- At least 10 years of previous experience in a broad range of corporate communications functions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Must have excellent understanding of effective media relations practices and working knowledge of media outreach approaches. Previous experience with gaming media is a plus
- Must have experience working with core corporate functions such as legal, compliance, and human resources. Must also have experience working with C-level executives. Previous experience working in a matrix organization is a plus.
- Previous experience working in crisis and change management communications, including on a rapid response team. Previous experience working in public affairs is a plus.
- Operates at a high level of intensity, acting with a sense of urgency without sacrificing excellence.
- Entrepreneurial and a hands-on style with a strong bias for action and results while working effectively in an unstructured environment that values collaboration without ego
- Outstanding organization and project management skills, with ability to see big picture and have attention to meticulous detail
- Ability to engage across a diverse and global stakeholder group with executive presence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Google Suite, and Slack
- Bachelor’s degree required
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.