Director, Accounting Operations
26 days ago
As the Director of Accounting Operations at Unity, you will lead our team of professionals responsible for operating expenses, capital expenditures, and intercompany and foreign exchange relationships to define strategies and drive execution for the general ledger close, account reconciliation, consolidation, and management reporting processes, as well as oversee Americas and EMEA statutory audits and financial reporting. You will have the opportunity to drive continuous improvements to systems and establish the processes of a recently public company. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with finance and accounting leadership as well as be the local office leader, serving as the single point of contact for escalations!
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re redefining development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community. Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity.
This is a hybrid position based in our Bangalore office.
Relocation is available for this position.
Work visa/immigration sponsorship is provided for this position.
What you'll be doing
- Manage the full cycle General Ledger close process for month-end, quarter-end and year-end, to ensure accounts are properly reconciled, reviewed, and reported in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Drive the intercompany, revaluation, allocation, elimination, consolidation processes.
- Manage India, EMEA and Americas statutory audits and financial reporting.
- Ensure SOX compliance and maintain internal controls for the respective areas of responsibility by monitoring/updating accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Integrate acquired companies for the respective areas of responsibility to ensure a smooth and timely transition/integration.
- Coach, mentor and lead a team across multiple functions focused on high quality deliverables and fostering learning and development, open communication, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Lead special accounting projects as needed.
What were looking for
- 12+ years of increased responsibility in accounting experience, preferably with public companies.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work in time-sensitive situations.
- High level of attention to detail, aptitude for planning/managing deadlines
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), organizational, and project planning skills. Must have the ability to effectively work and communicate with all levels/functions throughout the company. Should be customer-service driven and have a positive outlook.
- Previous experience in the technology industry is highly desired.
- Collaborative and team-oriented.
- Experience with supervising managers and driving automation/system implementations.
- Able to analyze sophisticated concepts, and make recommendations and decisions based upon good judgment.
- Chartered Professional Accountant, with a strong knowledge of US GAAP
You might also have
- Adept at handling shifting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work with team members spread across multiple geographies.
- Experience with Workday Financials and NetSuite
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Your privacy is important to us. Please take a moment to review our Prospect and Applicant Privacy Policies. Should you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us at DPO@unity.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.