Dir, Strategic Platform Partnerships
3 days ago
Job Posting TitleDir, Strategic Platform Partnerships
SummaryBig Fish Games is a player-centric game publisher that has been influential to the game development world over the last 20 years. Distinguished by its value-driven, collaborative, and inclusive culture, Big Fish continues to innovate the game experience, build community and connections through games, and craft meaningful games played by millions.
Big Fish has an extensive portfolio of popular casual games across genres including EverMerge, Big Fish Casino, JMS, Gummy Drop, Cooking Craze, Fairway Solitaire. Big Fish is dedicated to delivering amazing experiences for players to connect, compete and discover play, anywhere and on any device.
Big Fish is part of Aristocrat Leisure Limited.
Big Fish Games is looking for a Director of Strategic Partnerships to provide high touch management of all publishing relationships for Big Fish’s games. The ideal candidate for this role will have outstanding relationship-building capabilities, a strategic mindset with the ability to execute, and previous experience in account management and/or strategic partnerships with both Apple and Google.
Reporting to the VP of Growth, this role will be responsible for working closely with internal teams and key distribution partners to drive Big Fish’s distribution and growth strategy globally. In this role, y ou will take ownership of Big Fish’s most strategic relationships, most notably with Apple App Store and Google Play Store teams, managing all interactions between the platforms and Big Fish Games
Success in this role requires the ability to establish strong relationships with key stakeholders at Apple and Google, as well as other key partners, while maximizing the impact of games featuring opportunities on each platform. This will also require working closely with a number of cross functional teams here at Big Fish Games, including Marketing and Studios.
- Support and grow global business relationships with Tier 1 Strategic Distribution partners, namely Apple and Google
- Collaborate to ensure our portfolio and roadmap of mobile games to drive world-class merchandising placement on the mobile storefronts, throughout the product lifecycle - both at and after the initial launch
- Manage the processes by which the entire organization works to maximize the potential of our games with our strategic partners’ teams (Platform Best practices, Minimum Technical standards, Licensors Playbooks, etc).
- Become Big Fish’s expert on all things Apple and Google, from keynotes, to release notes, to earnings calls – you are the expert on what’s coming for these platforms and the owner of ensuring the right people in the company are preparing to respond to these changes and opportunities
- Track and Quantify the roadmap and impact of first party featuring (BTL) for Big Fish’s games
- Assist with platform specific creative positioning, pitch strategies, and presentation materials in order to maximize the visibility of Big Fish’s games and initiatives online and offline.
- Maintain a calendar and requirement list for all platform partner-related deliverables and events
- Capture meeting agendas & priorities, record and distribute meeting minutes, and follow up on deliverables with all stakeholders.
- Conduct market-based and strategic research to provide thought leadership to cross-functional teams.
- Serve as the direct manager for members of the Platform Relations team, with 1 direct report immediately and the chance to grow and scale the team with the business.
- 5+ years of Business Development / Partnership or Account Management experience
- Experience working directly with Apple and Google’s mobile teams
- Mobile gaming experience required, with knowledge of both the iOS and Android platforms
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail
- Ability to analyze data to make data-driven decisions - skills in Excel and Google Sheets necessary
- Strong presentation and communication skills - Keynote, PowerPoint, and Google Slides skills required
- Proven ability to work well cross-functionally, influence stakeholders, and synthesize information and creative feedback from diverse stakeholders
- Relentlessly high standards and attention to detail to foster creative excellence
Big Fish Games is an equal-opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
LocationUSA - Remote
Job familyBig Fish Games
Time TypeFull time
CompanyBig Fish Games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.