Digital Product Manager (Arena)
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
21 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Bring Your Brain…
We'll Supply the Dragons!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an opening for a Digital Product Manager to join the Magic the Gathering: Arena team. This is a rare career opportunity to take a distinguished paper product into a digital free to play giant!
Day to day wizarding
We ask you to bring the right mix of store and content evaluation, passion for magic, and experience in a high-tech, creative environment. You are ambitious, imaginative, and intellectually curious. You embody the principles of content iteration and data-informed design. You thrive in an environment of collaboration, mutual respect, and straightforward communication.
This role works with leadership to conceptualize content, build and execute it accurately, and follow data on Live to continually refine a program’s impact to KPIs and quality of play experiences. Working with teams across the company to standardize methodologies, this role is the steward of keeping Arena balanced and growing. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in:
- Building content and/or measuring online free-to-play games: seasonal content, feature development, and content plan design.
- Understanding of Monetization, Engagement, and Retention strategies.
- Being the voice of the player balanced alongside practical data comparisons.
- Conceptualizing content programs which meet leadership goals while maintaining strong player experiences.
- Leading detailed process flows while maintaining high-quality content within structured timelines.
- Utilizing honed design knowledge to find additional fun concepts.
- Owning and implementing program features.
- Analyzing live data to identify weaknesses, opportunities, and build recommendations that iterate on the success of the product.
- Watching performance daily and communicating results to key partners.
We believe a successful candidate has a strong mix of creative, leadership, technical, innovative and managerial experience from the live services gaming space.
- 2+ years as a Product Manager or Analyst capacity supporting AAA products.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to find, assess, and resolve complex issues, and lead changes to positive results
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Minimum 3+ years exposure to Magic: The Gathering as a player – you grok the nuances of the paper product as well as you do the digital world.
- Experienced at developing and accessing game systems on digital games.
- Strong attention to detail in pair with strategic level thinking.
- Strong modeling skills and the authority on Excel.
- Understanding of SQL and ability to build queries that extract required data for analysis.
- Strong ability to think through and communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing.
- Proven track record of working well with others.
- Comfortable with uncertainty and navigating shifting requirements.
- Passionate about card games. Actively plays comparable products to understand the market.
About wizards of the coast
Wizards of the Coast is a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games. Our team members have built and contributed to some of the most impactful and innovative game franchises over the last 20 years, including Asheron’s Call, Lord of the Rings Online, Crackdown – and of course, Magic: The Gathering.
We offer competitive salaries, a strong benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we believe crafting products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as a comprehensive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.