Engineering Manager (Web Tools) - Monopoly GO!
20 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Development Web Tools Engineering Manager to join our Monopoly GO! team in Seville on a hybrid basis.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing, and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Monopoly GO! is our new casual game and a key franchise that has just become Scopely’s largest game, enjoyed by millions of players. The team is based in Europe and the US, and works every day to create captivating new experiences for our players.
What You’ll Do
The Engineering Manager will lead our Web Tools Development team and will be responsible for overseeing the development of internal web-based tools and applications that are crucial for various teams within our organization, including Customer Support and Live Operations
- Design and Architecture: Play a pivotal role in the design and technical architecture of solutions. Ensure that the developed tools meet the needs of various internal teams and align with the company's technological standards and vision
- Project Management: Oversee the complete software development lifecycle from conception to deployment. Manage timelines, resources, and risks associated with the projects
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with other departments to understand their needs and ensure the tools developed add value to their operations
- Quality Assurance: Maintain a high standard of quality for all deliverables. Implement best practices for testing, code reviews, and documentation
- Innovation and Research: Stay abreast of the latest industry trends and technologies. Encourage and lead innovation and efficiency improvements
- Backend Development: Demonstrate expertise in backend development, focusing on creating robust, secure, and scalable server-side logic. Utilize C# and related frameworks to build efficient backend services and APIs that power our web tools and applications. Ensure seamless integration with front-end elements built by your team
What We’re Looking For
- Technical Expertise: Strong background in C# web development, with a focus on building web tools and applications
- Proven experience as an Engineering Manager or in a similar leadership role
- Strong background in web development, particularly with C#
- Experience in designing and architecting web-based solutions
- Familiarity with software development methodologies and lifecycle
- Excellent leadership, communication, and project management skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse teams
- Passion for creating tools that enhance productivity and efficiency
- Experience with Blazor and WebAssembly
- Familiarity with mobile game development for Android and iOS platforms
- Strong UI/UX design skills
- Knowledge of web performance optimization technique
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.