Development Services Manager
Horsham, United Kingdom
11 days ago
This is a great opportunity to be a part of the emerging and growing Development Services team at Creative Assembly. You will be a key member of Development Services directly supporting the leadership teams in making improvements and advances in technical testing utilising your strong technical skills.Key Responsibilities
As a Development Services Manager you would support the Development Services leadership teams in their daily duties, including hiring & resourcing, staff development & training, expert mentoring & oversight as well as reviewing and ensuring the quality of testing conducted by the teams.
Utilising your strong technical skills and experience you would guide our advancements in technical testing areas such as Automation, Compatibility & Graphics and Platform as well as aspects of functionality testing.
Strong analytical skills would also be needed as Development Services provide production development data analysis for our development teams.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Hands-on technically focused manager.
- Recruitment/hiring/interview experience.
- QA experience with a key interest in testing methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, time management and organisational skills.
- Relevant experience in project management with a good understanding of planning scheduling, process, tracking and resource allocation.
- Experience with Agile and other methodologies.
- Relevant experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. You will be aware of potential and current issues and offer practical and realistic plans to resolve them.
- Able to identify and assess risks and communicate ways to mitigate them.
Please note, we cannot sponsor a VISA for this position so applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
- Power Bi, Jira and Perforce experience.
- Automated test scripting experience.
- Experience working on AAA games in the gaming industry.
- Awareness of development pipelines and process.
- Experience in test planning, resourcing & scheduling.
- Data analysis and reporting. (PowerBi, Jira, Excel).
- Experience working with technical languages (SQL, LUA, PYTHON, HTML, JSON, DAX, VBA, Basic C++).
- Experience in multiple or all these fields:
- Automation testing
- Compatibility testing
- Platform testing
- Localisation testing
- Functional testing
- Web testing
- Development QA testing.
Currently Creative Assembly is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. We will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
If this sounds like you, apply now.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.