Development Manager - Sports Technology
21 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
EA SPORTS Tech provides specialized technology teams working on modern character motion, content pipelines and workflows, machine learning, game security, dev ops, as well as long lead feature and technology development for all EA SPORTS titles. As part of EA SPORTS Tech, the Technical Art Team helps push visual boundaries and experiences for our players. We invest in future technologies, shared tooling, and production workflows. We combine creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to work every day.
About the Role:
Are you passionate about new technologies and continually pushing the boundaries of game development? Great, so are we! EA Sports Technical Art is seeking a creative Development Manager to partner with our incredible team of Technical Artists to ensure successful content delivery of tools across all of EA Sports. In this role, you will own the project schedule and ensure we stay organized and on track. Great communication and partnership management are key assets in this role, to ensure excellence in execution to make our characters and content come to life.
This is a 12-month temporary contract to start with the possibility of longer-term employment.
Team Building and Management
- You will partner with the Development Director and Technical Art Directors to develop our Technical Art team members by identifying resourcing needs and providing challenges and opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential
- You will foster working relationships within and beyond the Technical Art team, in close partnership with the Development Director and Technical Art Directors, to help bring projects to successful completion
- You will participate in the hiring process for new candidates
- You will institute and assign task goals from defined project goals; you will achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project level
- You will mitigate risk for assigned scope in partnership with the Development Director, Technical Art Directors, and project leadership.
- You will monitor capacity (resource balance) and partner with production to manage scope and quality
- You will communicate with project teams and coordinate requirements with external partners
- You will partner with the Development Director to orchestrate sprint planning and retrospectives, promoting best practices for task tracking
- You will build overall project schedules (roadmaps) based on individual task estimates for production and communicate progress to our partners across projects
- You will maintain our Technical Art projects and backlogs
- You will partner with the Development Director to establish a project budget, determine tasks and their resource requirements, and assign tasks to team resources
- 2+ Years of software Project management or team leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience within a technical domain
- Knowledge of different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile in a software development setting
- JIRA as project management tool
"BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $130,500 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, and after 3 months of service - extended health/dental/vision coverage and basic life insurance."
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.