Development Manager, Rigging & Blendshapes
29 days ago
Development Manager (Rigging & Blendshapes)
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
A Development Manager manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DM's are the keepers of the project schedule and help move the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring collaboration and communication. You will report to a Development Director, and partner with Producers and Directors to ensure the project is managed on time, to quality, and within budget.
- Build and evolve team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Develop working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project
- Provide line management to employees across departments within a single project team
- Communicate with project team and coordinate requirements with external partners
- Participate in the hiring process
- Setting up Sprint planning and establish project Roadmaps
- Establish and assign task goals from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
- Mitigate risk for assigned scope
- Partner with production to manage scope and quality
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
- Establish a project budget, determine task requirements, and assign tasks to team resources
- 3+ years project management or team leadership experience
- Education requirement University degree bachelor's or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Experience managing OS teams is considered an asset
- Experience using JIRA for Project Management related responsibilities
- Experience with scripting languages and shader authoring (HLSL)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with team members.
- Excellent aesthetic sense with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate an ability to document workflows that will be used by our teams.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $130,500 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, and after 3 months of service - extended health/dental/vision coverage and basic life insurance.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.