10 days ago
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
You love working with teams to ensure they are focused, well organized and getting everything they need to deliver great work. You act as a force multiplier for the teams you help manage. You enjoy working with Producers to prioritize work, manage risks, and plan different scenarios. Most importantly, you enjoy motivating people to create great games and have fun while doing it.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Plan and manage the Disney Mirrorverse character content pipeline, production schedule, and other game content needs.
- Liaise with Disney partners on content submissions and approvals. Organize and oversee partner review pipeline and intervals to ensure content is fully Disney approved for release.
- Establish the scope and schedule for external vendor engagements and assist with setup and onboarding external development partners.
- Play a leadership role in managing and cultivating the project teams
- Collaborate with key project stakeholders and the development team to establish and plan roadmaps, schedules and resource requirements based on project goals
- Identify dependencies and priorities between tasks in partnership with the project teams
- Monitor project progress within assigned budgets and manage any changes that impact the overall project schedule, budget and resources, along with proper communication
- Contribute to and ensure the team is trained on the necessary skills, processes, and best practices
- Solve problems, balance priorities, and find creative solutions which achieve results
- Suggest and lead process improvement initiatives
- Advocate for, and empower the team; make sure they have everything they need to shine in their position
- Collaborate with the studio-wide DD group on cross-project initiatives
- Support an environment where staff understand how their daily work contributes to product and company goals
Your background includes:
- Working in mobile games or similar areas, long enough to be very familiar and confident with the project cycle from initial planning to ship and live support.
- Experience managing cross-disciplinary game art pipelines and production, as well as experience with external development.
- Being a strong advocate for their team(s), who will partner with and empower the team and promote a positive development culture.
- Top-notch communication and collaboration skills. Diplomacy in resolving conflicts, being a motivator when needed, and knowing when to challenge assumptions and make difficult decisions.
- Being accessible and approachable, partners easily with team members and stakeholders alike, and is proactive in keeping people across all areas up to date.
- Broad experience setting up and running project management tools and techniques as well as processes to establish and run all areas of project tracking. Willing to adhere to already established practices but are curious and looking at new opportunities to do things if that can make us better.
- Good understanding of and experience planning for different development areas such as art, design, and engineering.
- Being a confident decision-maker who draws upon experience, good practices and common sense to assist in decision-making.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills where sound decision-making is based on both data analysis and judgment
- Can-do attitude, self-directing and confidence to drive their area(s) without supervision.
- Ideally, has a good understanding of games as a service business model.
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- Extended Health Coverage: effective day one, no waiting period! Our benefits cover health, dental, life, disability, and extended paramedical services such as vision care, mental health practitioners, massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and much more.
- DEIB Benefits: DEIB is important to us and to our people - that’s why our benefits include gender-affirming care, fertility care, and other hormonal treatments and drugs.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: our benefits are built on a flex credit model, so you’re able to choose the coverage levels that are right for you, and allocate the rest to a group RRSP/TFSA, Health Spending account, and/or Personal Spending Account.
- RRSP Matching: everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program once you reach 90 days with us.
- PTO and Parental Leave: we offer paid parental leave, unlimited paid time off, paid time off for volunteering, sick leave, and holiday closures.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: this program provides crisis management support, immediate mental health care, and generalized support for emotional, mental, and financial well-being.
- Telus Virtual Health: we provide increased access to remote healthcare providers for prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- Learning and growth: We encourage people to grow both personally and professionally, and support this through regular lunch & learns and an education stipend.
- Pay transparency: We share with employees the pay range their role falls within and clear career maps to determine how they can grow within their role or level-up to a promotion.
- Cool spaces: Our offices are in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal, Prince Edward Island, and Seoul. Whether it’s summers on the rooftop patio in Downtown Vancouver, watching the fireworks in Montreal’s South Shore, or trying local eats in Downtown Charlottetown - we want our people to feel like their time spent in office is worthwhile!
- Giving back: Our ‘Agents of Change’ initiative is how we support the communities close to our heart, and we have several events and fundraisers every year that Agents of Change organize.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.