DTS: Development Director
Stockholm Stockholm County Sweden
3 months ago
We are EA Frostbite
We entertain millions of people across the globe by creating the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. Making great experiences is challenging, which is why we employ creative and passionate people.
The Opportunity Ahead
The Development Director (DD) provides leadership to the Quality Verification team within Frostbite team. Responsibilities include managing task goals and assignments, assessing risk and managing project scope.
DD manages other QA leaders and partners with Development Directors and Product Owners on the development team. A DD oversees the professional and career advancement of their direct reports. DD collaborates with development teams and other studio teams to manage the end-to-end test effort of their product and mitigate risks along the way. DDs are the keepers of the QA project schedule and help move the QA team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a focus on customer service and communication.
- Contribute to and embody EA and QA organizational strategies, instilling shared values and focus areas within their teams. Be a translator to highlight relevance and benefits to their reports
- Create productive working relationships with other discipline leaders within the studio to increase goal agreement and represent their team to studio leadership
- Implement process improvements: shapes project-wide processes across multiple projects
- Communicate within project and to external groups: adapts content and detail to match audience, collaborates outside of project team and share best practices, communicates to and on behalf of the team, speaks with impact
- Build teams by inspiring, motivating, and energizing: creates a structure, defines an organization that meets project goals, inspires the creation of the team culture
- Solid project management skills: collaborates with others to establish project goals including scope, quality, and timeframe; create flexible project plan, including requirement definition, task definition, talent assignment, and capacity planning;
- Direct team and managers to completion, modifying project plans ; communicate project plan and progress to team and above
- Produce overall schedule for QA project, including interaction with external EA groups
- Manage project resources: Assess skills requirements for current project and next; recognize latent internal talent to develop into stretch roles
- Manage risk formally: solves root problems over multiple products; solve chronic problems by implementing corrective action plans; responsible for risk assessment and mitigation strategy
- Design test strategies using a variety of techniques and tools: selects the appropriate methods based on defined goals including cost, efficiency, and balancing available resources, uses information and business systems to support planning and tracking of activities.
- Emphasize quality results, not just task completion
- Provide options and make decisions around the balance between quality, time, and cost
- Pushes for efficiencies, helps establish quality goals, inspires the quality goal to completion
- Challenge and develop talent
- Minimum 3 years in a leadership position
- Identify and recruit essential talent based on staffing requirements; solid understanding of candidate hiring practices including interviewing techniques
- Familiarity with the software project lifecycle
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Frostbite we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great benefits package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
We value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.