This job might no longer be available.
Developer Tools Engineer
Cary, NC United States of America
1 month ago
Epic Games is searching for an experienced engine programmer to join our Developer Tools team. In this role, you’ll develop low-level tools and systems that all UE4 users use to build and ship their games, and pipelines that Epic uses internally to ship the Unreal Engine and games like Fortnite. The ideal candidate will have a love of practical problem solving and an affinity for improving the day-to-day workflow of other developers.
- Developing custom tools and pipelines for other engineers and content creators
- Optimizing iteration times, and improving existing systems for performance, memory usage, and user experience
- Welcoming new challenges and working independently or across disciplines to both investigate issues and identify solutions
- Experience with C/C++ and C#
- Familiar with build processes, compiler toolchains and content pipelines for large games
- Comfortable writing multithreaded code and reasoning about dependency graphs
- Experience with development on consoles and/or mobile devices
- Experience with Perforce and/or Git
- Demonstrated ability to reason about large, interacting systems from the macro level to the micro level
- Knowledge of UE4 pipelines and framework a plus
This is going to be Epic!