Developer Support Engineer
16 days ago
As a Developer Support Engineer, you are a key part of an outstanding 24x7 global support team that provides technical support to ensure our customers' games, and their players, stay online
As the first point of contact in keeping some of the most prestigious games operational at all times, you’ll be adept at responding swiftly to alerts and issues from our global monitoring systems, keeping our customer's games operational on their behalf.
Our DSE team have a real passion and will to thrive in a live operational environment where the pace is never slow and there is always an exciting new challenge to work on. Your dedication to actively observe, monitor, and take action on multiple conflicting priorities simultaneously will complement your attention to detail when solving customer problems.
If this sounds exciting, and you’re a technical wiz with your fingers on the pulse of the latest innovative Hosting, gaming and cloud tech, we want to hear from you!
What you'll be doing
- Ensure a detailed understanding and troubleshooting of gamserver machine problems, responding to platform alerts and tickets within contractually committed SLA
- Be comfortable raising issues to relevant senior technical teams where vital, as well as supporting users and internal teams by assuming appropriate roles within a defined incident management process
- Able to connect with third-party vendors to check, maintain or replace hardware, as well as help to identify and fix network-related issues
- Be required to record key activities and work in central ticketing systems, and take part in daily handovers with global peers to ensure a continual flow of progress on all key customer and internal-facing issue resolution
- Responding to live customer issues while working as part of a regional support team solving critical problems
What we’re looking for
- Experience with hosting/IaaS and services in a customer-facing technical support capacity
- Experience with Linux and Windows server administration (including SSH/remote desktop/networking tracing tools etc.)
- Networking knowledge and the ability to demonstrate experience working on and resolving issues related to network capacity
- Be comfortable working in shift patterns of work (5 days on, 2 days off); weekend shifts and working national holidays are included as normal working hours in this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with close attention to detail
You might also have
- Experience working in a large IT environment
- Experience working as part of a global shift-orientated team providing follow-the-sun support
- Video game obsessed - you know your latest Call of Duty from your Fall Guys!
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.