10 days ago
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects in all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy. Beatstar is a brand new music experience and a collaboration between Space Ape Games and the Supercell marketing team in San Francisco. Our partnership continues with the new multiplayer game we've been working on, which is set in the Boom Beach universe: Boom Beach Frontlines.
We’re looking to recruit a passionate engineer to join our Devops Engineering team. Devops at Space Ape is an important role. On our existing titles, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the quality of our players’ experience, working with game teams to roll out new features and finding new ways to optimise the stacks. On our in-development and prototype titles, you’ll be working with the development teams to build out capabilities, solve new problems and prepare for launches at scale.
Along the way, you’ll learn how we use tools to build and update our stacks and roll them out without impacting our players and developers. You’ll also learn how we write those tools using languages and platforms like Go, Terraform and AWS. Eventually, you’ll learn what it is that our teams need and start bringing fresh ideas for how we can make things better; for instance, developing serverless workloads, building deployment platform features or tightening the security of our platforms.
- Work as part of a team to design and build the tools and infrastructure we need to run games played by tens of millions of people.
- Continually improve reliability, performance and insight on all our services.
- Write code and tests to iterate and improve on our internal apps.
- Be there to support high profile launches and game events.
- Take ownership of issues and own them through to resolution.
- Help maintain a healthy, inquisitive culture in the team.
- Experience running and operating production systems on container platforms.
- Experience using public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with writing code in a programming language, such as Golang.
- Experience with how to build and operate systems with high performance and uptime, at scale.
We’re cloud and mobile native and constantly moving forward. As part of the team you will have the chance to directly influence our current and future choices. At our core, we use Linux with Amazon Web Services, Golang and Terraform to deliver much of our platform. If you enjoy those, you’ll love working on our platform.
We're looking for passionate, productive, team-players who are self-starters. But we know that everyone's different and so, even if you don't have everything we write about here, it doesn't mean we don't want to talk. Let us know what excites you about Space Ape and let's see!
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that in 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020 was crowned one of the best companies to work for in the UK by gamesindustry.biz.
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 4.7/5.0 Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- Competitive salary & stock options
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for passionate, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched four games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $250m revenue.
We currently have two games in soft launch Beatstar and Treasure Tails. We are also working on a new multiplayer game set in the Boom Beach universe with 3 more entering soft launch soon. We are part of the Supercell family, giving access to some of the most talented game makers on the planet.
Our studio is currently 110 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.