6 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Builder Tools Team
What We Do
Epic Games is looking for an experienced Cloud Development Engineer with a focus on build and deployment automation tooling. This position will become a part of our cloud infrastructure team that builds internal infrastructure, cloud services, deployment tooling and workflows to empower development teams across the company. Our mission is to bring next-generation tools and practices to game development and online game services. This is an opportunity for creating a developer-friendly CI/CD platform, working with Kubernetes, Helm charts and service mesh applications.
What You'll Do
We operate at a massive scale, move quickly, and create solutions that enable Epic’s development teams to deliver powerful platforms and engaging experiences, including Fortnite and many other Epic services. You’ll get to work on real-world infrastructure serving hundreds of developers and millions of concurrent players. You will work together with the engineering teams behind the Epic Game Store, Epic Online Services, and Fortnite to ship great experiences for players and partners.
In This Role You Will
- Design and implement state of the art deployment tooling for online games
- Leverage emerging cloud technologies to provide self-service workflows that enable development teams to build, test, release, scale and support online games and services continuously, with high confidence
- Build applications to provide visibility and control of complex release workflows and deployments at scale
- Operate Epic's cloud platform and provide service owner support and participate in incident escalations
What We're Looking For
- Demonstrable scripting experience with a variety of scripting languages for automating tasks, generating reports, and creating tools (e.g. Go, Python, Shell)
- Administrative experience with CI/CD systems
- Proven experience with AWS and cloud infrastructure
- Created architecture for a service running in AWS that serves businesses or the public at scale
- Hands-on experience with network administration: VPCs, ACLs, subnets, peering, DNS knowledge etc.
- Infrastructure as code experience with CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with RESTful services, and familiarity with NoSQL/SQL database concepts
- Kubernetes domain expertise
- Operating Kubernetes clusters with applications at scale
- Experience of implementing deployment scripts with deployment models for Kubernetes services
- Hands-on experience with Docker containerization
- You are familiar with service meshes and secure service to service communications
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.