13 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Create and maintain a proactive and stable IT environment as well as provide IT support to our Epic people. You will be empowered to shape processes that deliver optimized IT service across our business. Work with emerging technologies while enabling IT success for everyone.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is growing operations inside our IT team to support the development and operations of core Epic services. The person in this role will work closely with our Unreal Engine teams and our build team to grow and develop products within the Unreal Engine ecosystem, Epic’s internal build services, with the goal of enhancing the user experience for everyone at Epic. We are seeking a results-oriented DevOps Architect who has helped teams scale through production insights, developer guidance, real-time metrics, and of course automation.
In this role, you will
- Design and implement hybrid cloud infrastructure to support multiple game development pipelines
- Partner with our development teams to design and deploy scalable build solutions
- Design systems that cleanly integrate with both legacy and emerging technologies
- Provide technical leadership and help improve devops processes; sometimes providing technical oversight and mentorship to other engineers on the team
- Lead and influence the architectural design of systems by validating solutions, determining quality, and adhering to repeatable standards
- Provide escalation level troubleshooting and timely resolution of system, network, and infrastructure problems
What we're looking for
- 7+ years of previous experience as a software architect, developer, or engineer
- 5+ years expertise in designing, analyzing & troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- 5+ years experience with cloud technologies; including AWS and Kubernetes
- 3+ years experience with infrastructure as code, configuration management, and continuous integrations tools (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, and Codefresh)
- Ability to define and execute initiatives to reduce failures, troubleshoot issues across the entire infrastructure stack, expand monitoring capabilities, and manage technical operations
- Demonstrable experience with a variety of scripting languages for automating tasks, generating reports, and creating tools (e.g. Powershell, Go, NodeJS, .NET)
- Understanding of microservice, API-driven, and event-driven application design
- Previous experience implementing continuous delivery and DevOps solutions
- Proven experience with Windows, MacOS, and Linux platforms
- Proficiency in .Net or Go
- History of working with automation
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.