6 months ago
Epic Games is growing operations inside our development teams to support operations of our large-scale, highly available, secure, online services and infrastructure behind Epic Games and products. The person in this role will work closely with software engineering, customer service, quality assurance, community, and product teams to provide online services that enhance the user experience for all of Epic’s systems.
This role is an embedded DevOps engineer on our team and is effectively part of our development team. This role will help this team with items around operational excellence such as observability and performance at scale.
- Design and build operational infrastructure to support a online games, automating where possible
- Provide troubleshooting and timely resolution of system, network, and infrastructure problems
- Participate in 24x7 on-call incident escalation rotations
- Provide operational support for developers on the team
- Proven experience with Linux, and cloud computing technologies such as AWS, or other cloud computing environment
- Demonstrable scripting experience with a variety of scripting languages for automating tasks, generating reports, and creating tools (e.g. Go, Java, Python, Perl, Shell)
- Experience with REST services, and familiarity with NoSQL/SQL database concepts
- Experience with a continuously delivery model of deploying software
- Proven history working directly with development teams
Preference to candidates with
- Proficiency in Go and/or Java
- Working at scale
- Tools, including Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with databases, NoSQL and SQL, such as MongoDB and Postgresql
- Passion for gaming
This is going to be Epic!