13 days ago
We are currently seeking a Senior Dev Ops Engineer to lead the deployment operations for the Live Services team, working closely with the various Development and IT teams within Codemasters. Live Services is a fast-evolving team, charged with accelerating our continued transition to Games as a Service.
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual with experience in the Tech/Games industry. This is a challenging and highly varied role with lots of exposure, some travel once out of lockdown and the potential to expand rapidly.
With an existing userbase of millions of engaged players, the RaceNet platform represents a significant opportunity to Codemasters. There are many opportunities in the 2nd screen space, meaning this role demands a consumer focus.
Key responsibilities include:
- Key areas: RaceNet, Analytics
- Enable rapid deployment of new features, changes, fixes to Live Services pipeline
- Improve QA delivery of new RaceNet features and ability to react to user feedback faster
- Implement best practice in deployments to Analytics, RaceNet and EgoNet projects
- Work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
- Select and deploy appropriate CI/CD tools and strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration & development and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD pipeline)
- Liaise and bring a collaborative approach to software development, testing and deployment
- Communicate with producers, IT and developers to ensure deadlines are met
- Monitor and measure customer experience and KPIs
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Previously delivered CI/CD pipelines for web and app products and cloud infrastructure
- Proven experience of configuration and managing databases such as MSSQL, Mongo
- Knowledge of automation tools which may be required for process automation and testing
- Working knowledge of various tools, open source technologies and cloud services
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Awareness of devOps and Agile principles
In return we will provide you with:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Outstanding benefits package including annual bonus structure, healthcare & dental plans, discounted employee share scheme, 10 free games per year, enhanced pension plan and much more!
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- Free company minibus from Leamington Spa to the studio
- Free on-site gym and other recreational facilities
- Large on-site free car park
- Free fruit and coffee
- On site subsidised catering
- Our own pub!